Chapter 46

Stop hating the fucking story. I know cliches exist and everybody hates it. But give something a chance for fucking survival. The main reason i lost interest were the continuous and brutal shitty comments about my book being not good. Nobody forced ya. Enjoy if you can and if not spend your time worth on better things!!!!

Unedited

Week 4th of recovery

Aiden POV

"This is the 3rd time we have used brute force with Duke Jr, Aiden. I don't think he is going to wait any longer. You need to control him." Mark looked tired as sweat covered his forehead.

"Sit Mark." I stood easily; I no longer needed any support. My therapy had worked wonders, for precautionary reasons doctor had asked me to take another week off before resuming all activities.

"Why Aiden, and why the hell you are in your study when you should be resting? Didn't I tell you Madre is handling the business for time being along with me?" He stressed while taking the seat, nonetheless.

Pouring whiskey over ice, I handed him the glass. I was off alcohol but in decades I was heavily dependent on alcohol but the time closer to Aylin and others has completely taken me off from alcohol.

"I hope you are not drinking this shit." He warned slightly.

"Don't worry. I don't feel the need to drink that anymore." I smiled as I remembered how Aylin still fed me with her hands every day three times. I would gladly eat 10 times a day if it meant she would feed me.

"Oh Yeah! How can I forget. You are drinking Elixir nowadays!" The humor causing his to laugh, as I joined him.

Pressing my palm on his shoulder I stressed, " As for Dukey, let him boil. I can do what I want to. But I would prefer him to suffer another week before doing the needful. Plus, I still need to know Nadia's involvement and the extend. I have taken a swear not to act on impulse without multiple proofs." I picked up my linen coat over my shoulders moving towards the door.

"Plus, I still don't understand why Duke would go against my sister and ruin his life and put his entire empire on stake rather than continue fooling me and marry her and get richer!" This kept ringing in my brain. I wanted more info about him. As far as I knew his family stayed in Greece, his parents small time ranch owner and sister was studying with him, after shifting with his parents to take care of them. But I never met any of them.

"That is right. Are you going for your evening walks with Madre today?" Mark raised his eyebrows seeing me comply so easily to anything for the first time.

"And why would I do such blasphemy." He cracked laughing seeing me agitated on his suggestion of walking with Madre instead of Aylin.

#############################################################

Aylin POV

Why don't I hate his presence anymore? His smile is endearing to me. I often try to look at his animated face when he talks, completely amazed to see Aiden talking. The Aiden who would damn hell before uttering more than two words at a time.

Am I ready to forgive his sins? So soon in just few weeks? No, I don't think so? But maybe give him a chance for my baby. Caressing my stomach once more I felt positive about the life growing in me.

I made the decision; I was going to him the chance to be in my child's life. Plus, few more weeks and he would come to know himself.

The ringing caught my attention, as I swiped green, "Mom, how are you?" I smiled wearing my shoes.

"Everything is great. Your Madre just called. Let me tell you something. I am totally jealous that you have another mom, but also happy that someone loves you like us!" my mother's voice ranged with happiness after so long. Maybe things were coming into perspective.

"She loves me so much; she has been pampering me more than her own kids. How is papa." Checking if I had everything I gazed at the watch. It was 5.00pm sharp and Aiden never delays. He would stand outside the door and wait for me but not knock. patiently even if I took half hour to come out. a difference from his former self.

"Stop asking over the phone. Don't forget your parents. Come over on Saturday. Bring your entire family." A chance to show hospitality was something my mother never left.

"Mom, you know Aiden just had an accident. I don't think we can make it. Plus, Madre and Mark both are completely immersed in work. And stop being over dramatic I meet papa every day and talk with Jordan on facetime too. It's too who I don't meet." I knew Aiden wouldn't have said no to coming to our estate, but I wasn't ready for that step yet.

"Yeah, who am I? Your mother whom you don't need anymore." Her melodrama was refreshing but a sign about our family. We were getting back to us.

"Mom you are too much. I need to go will call ya. Love you. Bye." I heard her bye before disconnecting again. Keeping the phone on the side table I walked out of the door. Seeing the hallway empty I was little disappointed not seeing Aiden waiting for me every day like usual.

"Mam sir is waiting on the garden bench for you." A maid passed by me giving me Aidens message. This was a change in our routine. Maybe he heard me talking to mother.

Walking down the hallway I hurried pass the doors finally reaching the entrance of the back gardens. Seeing a solemn looking Aiden sitting on the bench staring off in the faraway.

"Aiden, Let's start your walk." He snapped his eyes at me, his usual smile missing as he hmmed softly, standing up straight.

Walking slowly on our routine path, the fragrance of fresh flowers was refreshing. New flowers were added in the nursey everyday just because of my fondness towards them. I knew Aiden had instructed specially for me.

For Aiden, today wasn't the same. I could see his demeaner change. No matter how much I kept quite he would blabber about so many things. Some stupid and some very funny.

We entered the dense artificial canopy, the leaves hanging over our head while the sides touching us.

"You heard me talking to mother. Didn't you?" I asked gaging his face. I didn't realize when he suddenly started to matter to me.

"I did. I know you know that. And you are wondering about my silence today. I don't want you to feel guilty Aylin for talking the truth with your mother."

"I am stupid to think you will choose to ignore my actions. I did something irreversible. I am not proud of it. But I don't want you to stay here anymore because of compulsion. I can't see you disrespected in front of your own family because of my actions. I am even ready to give you as much assets as you wish in the course of divorce."

My next action defied my feminism, as I stopped him in the mid track as the canopy covered us, giving us cool breeze yet a warmth of privacy sheltering us from public. Holding his palm, I placed it on my stomach. An action from my part which shocked me and him by the looks of his face.

"As far as the heinousness of the act you committed cannot be washed away of that night. But I can't ignore the feelings I get when I touch my tummy knowing there is a small treasure in me. A treasure who doesn't deserve the hatred and vengeance around it. What happens for us is in the future but this within me deserves all the love he can get from this world!" I could feel the tears dropping furiously on my cheeks as his eyes misted.

"I am sorry Aylin." His sorry for the first time didn't feel like thorns pricking my skin, a gentle soft spoken, a narrative of his guilt. He sided on his knees kissing my belly with utmost care.

"I won't disappoint him like I disappointed you. Thats my promise to you." A smile erupted on my face. I believed a person is nothing but a mold of his good and bad deeds.

"You still can leave me Aylin. I am ready for any alimony you ask for." He stood wiping my tears.

"Just take your time." Holding my hands, he guided me out of the canopy. I didn't flinch, I didn't cringe. I let his warmth take over the small portion of my hand as I walked behind him following him out of the canopy.

##########################

Gracias Lovelies

Enjoy