Chapter 11

Unedited

The orphanage was bustling with energy this morning. Joy glowed on each and every face, children filling the balloons with air whilst jumping with joy, letting off a full belly laugh. The scene put a smile on my face. It was contagious. It was as if I could feel their boisterous enigmatic energy within me, instantly making my day brighter within such a short time of my arrival in the orphanage this morning. To be honest I wasn't exactly thrilled to face him today. Who does after getting caught moaning their names in dreams? But I was never the one to back down. It wasn't in my upbringing.

Elion had accompanied me to the orphanage to drop me off. As I had requested him to take another personal day today after yesterday. I wanted to spend time with the kids the entire day so tagging elion wasn't of much use. And I figured spending time with his family would be ideal stating he was just laid off probation this morning after my talk with the authorities. To be honest it was a difficult call to convince them as they had jagged up their mindset about breaking the rules by employees but my years of hard training in business under my father helped a lot to convince them to let it go this one time. Elion usually was quite persistent to leave me unattended anywhere, but today it was way too easy for me to convince him to drop me off. Maybe it was because of the place he was dropping me off at.

Marching forward I looked up at the reception area to see Hob walking towards me. " Good Morning Ms Aylin. Glad you could come today. Mr. Campbell is awaiting your presence." he greeted me while guiding me the same path he once did the first time we had arrived here.

The wooden door was ajar this time. Giving me a nice view of the office, and a hasty-looking Ace Campbell running around in a pendulum moving back and forth.  His face was scrunched up with irritation marred anger, whilst he was gushing angrily to the person on the other side of the phone. He didn't realize hobs continuously knocking on the open door to inform our presence at the door. 

His features looked dangerously hot with anger splitting the veins on his forehead and neck making him more appealing to my eyes. Gosh, this man was walking sex on a stick. As if feeling my lingering eyes on his face he instantly turned around snapping his attention towards us still standing on the door. " I can't talk right now Ava. Just stay put till I can connect with you again And don't forward the proposal until I say so." he flipped his phone sliding it into his pockets while pulling on a charming smile.

"I am really sorry I didn't notice you coming in Ms. Aylin." He shook my hands guiding me towards the chair. I sat scraping the chair without waiting for him to pull out for me. 

"You look stressed Mr. Ace," I remarked to which he slipped a nervous smile before replacing it with a stoic expression instantaneously. 

"Yeah what can I say? Employees you see. Kids are my passion but work is also a major commitment." He spoke taking a seat in front of me.

"Really! that's a surprise for me. I didn't know you work two jobs." I was genuinely surprised. Though I had an inkling when I saw his house which was too luxuriously upped for his orphanage work.

"Well, I try my best not to bring it up. I mean my father has wide prosperity across the continent. Though most people know me but I guess there are some exceptions." he smirked grinning at my lack of awareness of his status. His face casting my thoughts back to yesterday, turning my cheeks beet-red.

"Well, my father also owns his business empire. So I know how this works. I have seen him deal with many Ava's as such yours." I laughed awkwardly trying to make the redness vanish off my cheeks. 

"Well trust me Ms. Aylin when I say your father has never dealt with the Ava I am dealing with."

"What? that bad!!!." he twisted his face scrunching his nose as if he was disgusted. I laughed genuinely seeing his face comics.