Chapter 47

UNEDITED(Lots of mistakes)

"He has left the country." Anthony spoke, reading the letter send by our private investigator. 

"Duke will never leave New Jersey, even if he has nothing to spend, he has friends and favor in all the high places." Mark gave his input to the ongoing conversation.

"That I can confirm, I wasn't the only one who was powerful in his circle. In fact, many a times he helped with new business deal through our night out sessions." Aiden inserted.

"Let's do one thing, Anthony call on his number or email him and ask him to respond to us if he wants us to reconsider our decision in his shares. Mark you better put your PI on his whereabouts. We will go as soon as we get any answer from any one of you." 

"I think that is good. But have you given any thoughts about Nadia?" Mark interjected.

A thoughtful look passed on Aiden's face as he took a pause before replying, " I say we take her along with us to meet Duke. If they are what we think they are then there is no further discussion be it Duke or Nadia, they both suffer the same faith." Aiden replied.

#######################

Aylin POV

The days have been passing by with a bliss. The day I told Aiden about the baby he has shown me a side I had never expected off. He is caring, compassionate side.

Yet he never crossed the barrier I had set in between. He took what I wished for him to have. My time and my attention both. Never asking or pressing for anything more. The calmness we shared was peaceful for once in my life after meeting him.

"You are showing it baby. You look so gorgeous Aylin." My mother awwed at my slight tummy protruding. 

"I had lost all hopes of getting a grandchild ever with you two, I swear." Jordan snickered. "Don't expect from me mama." Jordan was back for two weeks. He hated the idea of seeing me close to Aiden and in his house but knowing about my pregnancy has calmed him more allowing me to try and bridge the bond between his and Seira.

Jordan has been meeting Seira every day from the past week. Aiden said it was his way to ask for forgiveness from both Seira and Jordan together. Seira was starting to show improvements in a week of her meetings with Jordan then a year of treatment with the best of doctors.

"Someone is daydreaming about her husband. Am I right Aylin?" my mother teased to which my father snickered.

"No mama, I am just thinking about us. I never could imagine us meeting like this eating brunch after last few months!" It was true the thought kept coming to my mind.

"All because of the tyrant Aiden, I wish I could hurt him physically big time." Jordan smashed the glass on the table with a little more force than intended.

" Jordan, he had lost his path. But you and I both know he is trying so very hard to earn repentance. And he is a child of God like us. If we hold grudge nothing good can ever come out of it." I watched the exchange as my mother was defending Aiden against her own son. He had made so many efforts to come in her good books. And by the looks of it, it sure was working.

"So, Aylin that means you are not divorcing him?" Jordan questioned me as everyone directed their gaze at me.

"Er...I mean....I don't know for now...I don't want to stress myself with the baby. If i decide to divorce him, it would definitely and only will be my decision. And I am not in hurry this time." I spoke looking at them as Jordan's face showed spite with Aiden's name.

"What the heck Aylin!! Have you seen Seira? What he did to her for his ego? Have you forgotten your state? Our parents state and my conviction? Are you so blind in love with him that you are ready to forgive his gravest sin and get back to him. And if the answer to this is yes than I can't take this I better fuck off from this all-forgiving brunch table." He pushed away the chair running away from the open-air restaurant we were currently seated in.

The table went silent as my mother spoke, " Aylin we are with you. No matter what you decide but one thing I feel now is your decision should be yours and not a shadow of other people's thinking for Aiden."

After the brunch I decided to come back asking papa to go back to office alone. The temperament at the brunch table had quickly changed into negativity. walking up the stairs I felt the stillness of the Villa. The emptiness was an indicator no one was here in the middle of the afternoon.

Madre must be home and Mark and Aiden in Hollywood building. After getting the clean chit from the doctor Aiden had been working nonstop.

Opening the door i removed my jacket, keeping my phone and keys on the table I walked towards the balcony opening the door, while letting the fresh air in the room. The chair kept in the balcony was missing. Coming inside the room I decided for mint tea.

Calling the help, I asked her to bring tea along with Choco chip cookies up my room. I dragged the wooden chair slowly towards the balcony deicing to drink tea in the afternoon climate. It felt pleasant and for once I was alone with my thoughts. Someone or something would always keep me occupied after the accident with Aiden. Be it Madre, work, mark or Aiden himself.

A knock brought me out of my stupor, standing slowly i walked towards the door opening it to reveal a new girl standing with a rolling tray which had tea and cookies.

"Hi, you new here?" I asked politely allowing her to enter with the trolleys.

"No, I have been here from many years. we never met officially." Her back was still to me as she was doing something on the trolley.

"Really!! strange I think I know you from somewhere but at the same time I feel like we have never met." I walked towards her. An unsettling feeling arising in my heart.

"I heard you are pregnant with Aiden's child." She turned around with the cup in her hands.

"Yes, I am, but nobody is aware about it, how come you know about this?" I was perplexed.

"Well bitch because Aiden is my fiancée." The words were less of a shock to my mind than the hot freaking tea she hurled at my body giving me very less time to cover up my face as my chest burned with fire.

"Ahhhhhhhh...." The scream tore out of my mouth as a sharp stinging pain covered my scalp.

"Thank your fucking god that this time I showed mercy only burning you if you don't get that shit aborted and leave Aiden soon, I make sure to end you and your whole pathetic family along with shitty excuse of elder brother Jordan." She spat in my eyes as I no longer could see anything, and the burning pain was numbing every other sensation. My breast were scalded. I felt a push and a hard surface making contact with my scalp. Another shriek passed by my lips as I fell down clutching my scalp with one hand and chest with another.

Her heels clanking was the last voice I could hear before the blood flow caused me to close my eyes into oblivion.

#################

Gracia's Lovelies

Enjoy 

Follow me to show your support.