Chapter 59

UNEDITED

The heart's whispers are carried on winds that seem to mock, for they bring the scent of dreams yet leave the touch of reality far behind.

***************************************************************************

How do you greet each day when darkness engulfs your path, suffocating you? Life's rhythm: one step forward, thousands back, a painful loop.

With a swollen belly, a healthy baby grows within, ready to enter this tainted world. I loathe that it's a life; every second on this planet is despised.

The universe had its plans for me. My joy seemed irrelevant to the living or the world. God felt distant; I viewed churches as deceitful. Why would Jesus take my Aiden? Wasn't he meant to illuminate life with his embrace? So why this profound darkness? Why did he snatch Aiden from me?

A knock shattered my somber reverie. "Ma'am, it's time for your doctor's appointment," the voice announced.

I scoffed; as if enduring this torment wasn't sufficient, I had to endure biweekly meetings with the psychiatrist. She was hailed as my savior by everyone around me.

**************************************************************************************

"Do you believe in God?" I retorted.

"I do, Aylin," she replied calmly, a trait that frustrated me.

"Who? I assume you practice Hinduism." I wished she would just admit to my mother that I was beyond help, freeing me from this charade.

"I do," she reaffirmed, her composure returning.

"Would your God have taken my Aiden's life?" I spoke, the pain palpable beneath my stoic exterior. Aiden's loss shattered my dreams, leaving only the unborn innocence within me as a reason to endure.

"Aylin, you need to understand that you're grieving. It takes time. Missing a big part of your life requires self-compassion. Your baby deserves a mother, and you deserve happiness. We can't change the past, but we can work through it. I understand what you were attempting today. However, trying to provoke me won't bring back your loss. It will only deepen your pain. The responsibility you perceive from your family isn't an obligation, but rather a genuine care they have for you." She remained composed, urging me to let go of my mission to make her as miserable as I felt.

"You'll be due soon. Have you prepared your maternity bag?" She inquired, knowing I wouldn't respond to her explanation.

"Madre and Mom are taking care of it."

The questions continued as usual while I reclined on the couch, my pregnancy pillow providing comfort. His thoughts flooded my mind, and a smile tugged at my lips. How did I love him, hate him, and love him all over again with every ounce of my being.

However, those thoughts swiftly turned tumultuous as memories of that fateful event rushed back. The pain I felt when I thought I had lost my child after the fall, only to realize I had landed on my bag but broken my ankle due to the violent push I received from none other than Aiden.

Aiden, who had pushed me out of harm's way and ended up being struck by the van. I remained oblivious to everything until I regained consciousness two days later, alone in the hospital room. Even my parents were absent, and Aiden was nowhere to be found.

Finally, the truth was unveiled to me after another day. As I woke up, demanding to see Aiden, I was met with the entire family surrounding me, their faces filled with pain and sorrow.

"We lost him. He died protecting his life, Aylin. You." I never replied to her words, never replied to anyone's moving mouth. The machines beeped incessantly, making it hard to distinguish any words. My heartbeats echoed, drowning the world in my ears.

That day and today, things remained unchanged. Six months had drifted by, yet the tears never ceased. They still flowed, and my family was left picking up my shattered fragments.

"Aylin... Aylin." The persistent calling drew my attention, a face looming above me.

"What?" I saw the strain on Dr. Ishita's face.

"I lost you again. What's happening, Aylin? It's like you're hearing me, but you're not." She retreated to her seat.

"Aiden, no one tells me what happened. No one. I didn't even get to see him. Nobody talks to me about him. Who caused the accident? Was it intentional?" I sat up abruptly despite my condition.

"They did, Aylin, but you're not ready to accept the answers they have. You want answers that align with what you want! But that's not how it works, right?" She spoke with exasperation evident in her tone.

"Oh, suddenly a car appears out of nowhere and hits me? They can't show me Aiden's body because I'm pregnant? But I can hear that he died even though I'm pregnant? The officers couldn't find anything? A car was about to hit me, Ishika? HIT ME, and it killed my husband. And you're telling me I should accept the nonsense my family is throwing at me? And if I do accept it, then why have all the threats on our family disappeared? Where's Agosti clan, Duke, or anyone? One accident and everybody's vanished? Nobody wants to harm me or my family?" I exhaled in frustration.

"You need to calm down. Take deep breaths. You're hyperventilating." She tried to approach me, raising her hands in a calming gesture.

"Calm down?" I stood up, holding the armrest for support. She held my shoulders to steady me. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the door as swiftly as my protruding belly allowed.

"Where to, ma'am? Hollywood Mansion?" His voice held a glimmer of hope, a hope I was about to shatter with my desolate state.

"No, my apartment." I walked ahead, not willing to embrace the reality around me. I wouldn't, not until I saw the evidence they so desperately wanted to keep hidden from me.

"Ma'am, just give me 5 minutes, I'll bring the car around." I nodded, lacking the energy to reply. I glanced down at my swollen feet, scanning for a seat. I realized it would take me 5 minutes just to settle down, and by that time, the car would be here.

"Oh my my, it's the estranged widower of Mr. Aiden Hollywood." The voice pricked my skin with a mixture of irritation and hatred.

"You seem quite thrilled about it?" I retorted boldly. I had never been afraid of her, not before, and certainly not now.

"You should be, darling. Do you think the events in your life just happen randomly?" She snapped her fingers with a mocking smile.

"Oh dear, you've got to be kidding me. Are you implying that whatever happened to Aiden has something to do with you? Because, as God is my witness, I'd gladly end you right here." My threat was laced with anger, and my palm clenched with the intensity of my emotions. I was ready to confront her.

"You really should take a long look in the mirror, you fat cow! You can't even harm a single hair on my head. My father would wipe you out, and this time he won't fail." With those words, she left before I could fully comprehend her sentence.

"What?? Did you kill Aiden???" I shouted after her retreating figure. But she was gone, leaving me with a burning desire for answers.

My car pulled up in front of me, halting me from pursuing that woman.

The car door opened, and I was helped inside. "To the Hollywood Mansion," I instructed as soon as the driver settled in.

"Are you sure?" His voice held a mix of concern and curiosity as he studied me through the rearview mirror.

"As sure as I can be. I need answers." I clutched my belly, my determination driving me to confront my family and demand the answers I was so ready to obtain.

*************************************************************************************

Gracias Lovelies

Have fun