Chapter 38

UNEDITED

The above pic is of Duke Jr (you will know why he is up there by the end of the chapter)

Big shout out to @chandana4126 for being an amazing reader

Show some love and follow me❤️

*****************************
"You can't be fucking serious!!!" I slammed my hands hard enough to shake the entire length of the conference table, with people cowering away from their position.

"All of this for the sake of your daughter, Mr Agosti. I had never thought in a million years that you would be such a lame ass businessman, you are letting this deal go to drain for your personal matters." I spoke angrily yet despondency was visible on my face. I didn't need this. I already had my plate over flowing with issues.

"Whatever you seek Mr Hollywood, I won't confirm or deny. But I no longer want to keep my shares in the company knowing you are not a trustworthy businessman." He stood sliding the papers bunched your together across the table.

Holding the papers in my hand I scanned the content he already had spoken about.  He was withdrawing the shares from my company, this would still keep the billion dollar construction deal which we were working on but definitely close another 10 big budget ongoing works.

"You not only married the heir of William steel but also went ahead and broke down the family itself, publicly humiliating them causing massive destruction to their empire itself." His look were menacing, a coy smile plastered as his opened the can of worms infront of the other board members.

To think I underestimated the is scum bag, would be shame. I never thought he would take such a feckless  demand of his daughter and turn a profitable business into a bigger loss, which even his company would be bearing!

"I agree to what you said Mr Agosti. Not the part about your personal feud with Mr Hollywood but the part where trust factor which is must in any business." Voiced a very old board member, the owner of premium constructions, Mr Shell.

"I suggest you find a investor to buy the shares Mr Agosti is withdrawing or accept your contract with his daughter." Another one of the board member spoke, Mr Venkateshwara spoke.

A chorus of acceptance followed around the table, causing me slump down on the chair, getting someone to buy 10% of my company shares was impossible. People who already trusted in our heritage and company work had already invested with us.

"Or else you know. We won't have any other option but to withdraw ours." Mr shell spoke again, getting the confidence vote from fellow members. "Let's give this another 10 days, by then your shares will be liquidated Mr Agosti." Mark spoke for the first time, even thought not being in the board of directors seat he stood in my shoes seeing my face was weary with foreseeing consequences.

Did I do right by taking such a hasty decision? I questioned myself. My plan was failing in-front of my eyes as I chose to put Aylin above everything else, leaving Ava in vain, the company I worked my ass off for suffering. In my heart I knew somewhere deep down, even with everything I was going though she was definitely worth it.

"Already, will be finalising this soon. Thank you gentleman, I would like to take your leave." Not waiting for the dissembling of the meeting room, I stood up with confidence and strode out with my pride intact. I have to make this work!!

***********************************

"Aiden, only one person can save your company, and you know you have no other option." Mark entered behind me in my office Cabin.

"And what makes you think she will break her trust fund after all she thinks I am the devil." I signed exasperated.

"It's 10% of this company, you needed Agosti so he could bring in his string of investors! And now that is done, all you have to do is ask his percent shares, which you will easily get it from her." Using my palm I scrubbed my face in agitation, not only was the day turning out darker, my heart still wouldn't stop hurting with her thoughts.