Chapter 36

UNEDITED

To everyone who was mistaken and got worried that I am abruptly ending the book, don't worry, people who were with me on this journey from the start, might remember I had stated one thing. This book was not written for likes or anything else. It's an added motivation, I will still complete this one without it. I wrote this one only for the sake of creativity, which I wanted to explore and so the plot of this was decided before I even started and it will be same till the end. Except the fact that anything that starts has to come to an end.......

Show some love, follow me......

"Did I say too much?" I questioned Mark, as he helped me sit softly on the bed, knowing very well how true everything I said was. But the thought of hurting someone you love more then your life pained me. I thought I hated him. After everything he did. But no matter who says what to you, if you truly love someone, it becomes impossible to ever not love love them.

"You know what all you said was completely true. But I can never tell you if your actions were right or not. I will be wrong, as I was an equal complicit in the crime as he was. No matter how ashamed I am." That's the thing about Mark, he never dictates you, he never controls you or your actions, he speaks what he thinks is right but allows you the room to decide the last saying.

"But you didn't wanted to, I knew that much. Even the first time I met you at his place, I knew it looked fishy as the you acted as if you slept with the girl, I just wish you didn't lie for him. I never would have been here if I just knew that day that he slept with that girl in St Lucia." This torture was worst for me, it was as if the trauma didn't let me stay in peace, reoccurring every 10 minutes causing the pain to re-emerge.

Seeing the remorse filled features of Mark, I realised no matter how much I want it to be over, it was indeed the reality of my life.

Days passed by, as the wounds healed, the confrontation still leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I didn't see him even once, his daily visited suddenly stopped, and I never really understood why I missed him visiting me.

I asked Mark about him on multiple occasions but all I would get as an answer was he had left for china the night of our confrontation, I was slowly resuming my normal life. If I could even call it that. Meeting my parents, my brother, joining my responsibilities in my fathers company.

"15 days and you are still not here....." I muttered softly as I looked at the morning rays shining over my head.

Collecting my bag, I walked down the corridor, meeting lara, the head chef walking towards me, " I was just coming to call you in for breakfast Mrs Hollywood." The name, his name stuck to me like a leech to its blood source, reminding me of my prejudice.

"Please call me by my name Lara, I prefer that much to your bosses name." I cringed a little as I walked to the breakfast table.

I had to leave for office today, but before that I needed to go my mother, Jordan was finally out of his trauma, after seeing how my parents were finally coming to terms with our reality, accepting our circumstances, he was leaving for Connecticut, Yale to finally finish his last year of in business management. He never finished before.

" Pass me the juice please." I stopped as the voice drifted through the corner, an unrecognisable feeling arising in my chest. He was back. 15 days and he finally came back. Stopping suddenly I took deep breaths, avoiding the panic that started in my chest, the thought to see him and avoid him both causing my chest to constrict. Why do I need to see him. A small jerk from the back caused me to stumble slightly as I looked back, "Sorry Ms Aylin. I thought you were walking and I didn't see you stop suddenly." I realised how I was stuck in between the corridor forgetting Lara, who was walking behind me.