Chapter 37

UNEDITED

TO SUPPORT ME, FOLLOW MY ACCOUNT❤️

(Just a small hiccup, the next update will be after 10 days. Hope you enjoy this one!)

"So you are back." Madre spoke as she circled around my office table. Circling as if I was her prey and she was concocting ways to pounce on me.

"You know I can't stay away for long, I have responsibilities." I said acting as if her approach didn't scare me at all. But in reality it did.

"Mark can handle it. You need to stay away for more few months. I don't want that poor girl to see you and relive her trauma every single day." Every time she spoke about Aylin, it was as if she wasn't my wife but her own daughter.

Humans are good at many things. Especially judging. They are best at that! They not only judge everything and everyone around them but they are also very quick in doing so! The victim suffers the most, but it doesn't make anything easier for the convict, he suffers along with the victim and his regret is never considered as one.

"No it's not only about business madre. I have to have a word with Duke Jr regarding stuff that went down past month." That was really important. I never got the chance to confront him. I would have taken the necessary steps to cause him the same harm but I didn't wanted to cause any without proper confrontation.

"What are you talking about?" The curiosity in mothers voice was also laced with slight irritation. Guess she never liked my best friend, specially when he agreed to marry Seira.

Taking a pause from the work I was currently doing I took an exasperated sign, rotating my chair towards my mom who now sat on the plush leather sofa in the middle of the office. I knew it was time she also got to know about the details even if she would chide me later if it happened to be true.

"I was roofied, during the night when Aylin came to my house after marriage." Her face was agape as she looked at me lost.

"That night I had gone out with Duke. When I found out later I asked my private investigator to find the source, but the bartender who was seen putting the drug had no clue to the owner who asked him to put the drug except that he was paid alot of money for it." I spoke awaiting for her reaction. She was a smart women, and not on countless events had she helped me during my growing years in business but her wisdom was like a 7th sense.

"So you have a reason to believe it had to do with Duke?" She countered.

"I just get a feeling something's are not right. He also went ahead and submitted proofs on my behalf against Jordan. For that I have proof." I spoke as realisation came on her face.

"So you want to confront him. What if I told you even without confronting that most of the things that aren't going well in your life has to do with him. And I have been telling you this about him from a long time. He seems off." She concluded which was true. Only Mark wasn't the person who hated Duke, even madre didn't like the lad but agreed for the marriage with Seira for me.

"I will go tonight, after I meet Seira." My words were met with silence, Seira was still angry with me and even refused to hear my name. I had informed her through Nadia that Jordan was free, there were no cases officially registered against him in the system anymore, even the company was free, but she still refused to meet my eye.

"What have you thought about Aylin?" She instead asked, not replying to my earlier statement.

"What about her madre? I am regretting my actions dearly and I intend to make up for them." I spoke honestly.

"Why don't you let her live her life! Let her free from this abusive marriage." Her words true yet it felt like the coldest water was splashed on my face.