Chapter 12

(Above pic is from the web

(Above pic is from the web. I do not own it.)

Unedited

"Beautiful things never last that's why fireflies flash." Wonderplus

The dissimilarity of my thoughts was conflicting. The beautiful surrounding, the forest which was so dense so dark that it prevented the rays of the moon to sieve their way towards the uneven trail. It was the most primal out setting from the beginning of the time but my thoughts were running a thousand miles per hour. This was for the first time ever I was with a man I was interested in. Not one-sided. I knew he liked me too. It was pretty obvious. Who makes so many efforts for an unknown girl and not be interested in her?

 Who makes so many efforts for an unknown girl and not be interested in her?

(The dress Aylin is wearing. I don't own the image.)

My insecurities were eating my insides up. My thigh-length floral red-colored dress was figure-hugging but in a cute kind of way. I was not the insecure girl who doubts herself for a boy but this man in front of me has turned my world upside down in a matter of few glances within few days.

"So how was it? Was it up to your expectations Princess?" he was swirling a small branch with leaves still attached to it in the air making random motions making sharp noises every time the branch sliced the windy air. The leaves falling off one by one leaving the branch barren.

"More than I expected. It was so wonderful." Pushing my hair behind my ears delicately I spoke. "You are a true gentleman." 

"Really!!! Wow!!" throwing the branch on the side he smiled at me looking at me with so much happiness crinkling his forest green eyes. "I have never felt like this. phew!! So relieved. It's like being a teenager again. I really hope we can do this another time. Would you like that?" he spoke unbelievably fast, as if still scared of my answer.

So freaking cute. Every action he did, every word he spoke tonight made the butterflies flutter more rapidly in my stomach making me uneasy and a little queasy with the oncoming unpredictability of an exhilarating journey our destiny stored for us.

I never thought gentleman existed but I was wrong. so wrong. Ace, a perfect gentleman. I was hoping, more than hoping, wanting him to make some move after dinner but to my dismay, he requested to walk me back to the orphanage. Elion was waiting to drop me back.