Chapter 39

Duke is evil, yeah but damn lickable.....

Unedited

Show some love, follow me❤️

A big shout out to @ibbulbul_
Hearts to you girl ❤️
***********************
"Is this how you feel when you birthing a new child in your body." I asked the life sized mirror in my room as my belly looked flat, a little bloated.

"What if the life giver is soul less?" Slowly palming my belly I thought about my inner thoughts.

"It's not your fault baby, your father is a monster. And I don't think you deserve to face the consequences for it." Finally deciding the urge and my inner battle I dropped the tunic on my belly back.

Nobody could tell if I was pregnant yet, except the fact that I glowed from miles apart but that was it. No other changes were visible. It's was nearly fourth week from the day of incident but I wanted to confirm with an hCG test the doctor suggested me to.

Did I wanted a kid right now? Definitely no! But now that I had it, there was no way I would kill it. It had nothing to do with its monster father!

Sure my dreams and reality didn't match, but the fact that my present wasn't interchangeable anymore, softened my outlook to my condition. The only concern I had was my state of unhappiness. How my mother must have felt in reality, completely out of the world when she married dad with love, like my great grandparents, bringing a new child in the world with love. How I wished my story was exactly like my parents filled with love and companionship.

Realising I might be depressed already, I got up with weary as I realised my remaining work for today was the pregnancy test, no way I could inform my own parents about this, they would flip, they already want me out of this relationship. Realising the only other person who could help was Madre.
*************************

Taking a work day off was strenuous task, considering we were still recovering from our loses but I needed to take one today due to my clinic appointment in the morning.

Going with family car was definitely not an option, since this was supposed to be hidden, and risking it with the chauffeur was risky, though jay was well acquainted with me, still his loyalties were with his boss.

I had taken a cab in the morning after denying a persistent jay to let me leave alone for jogging, later hailing a cab around the corner.

Now waiting for the results I checked my watch, 4.40pm it read on my digital wrist watch, "the results should be mailed anytime now." I murmured softly as I gazed to the yard of flowers and plants, the gardener had started a new section of nursery, planting exotic seedlings on my request.

Getting up I dusted my blue dungarees, I walked leisurely in the field of different plants, today after taking an off I decided I would spend my time in the nursery along with the gardener and help him plant few more plants.