Chapter 44

Unedited

Mark POV

Things were getting more blurred than before. Till now we could only think of Duke behind the character assassination of Jordan and Seira, feeling the anger Aiden felt towards Jordan and his family was secretly fueled by his own best friend.The beeping continues as Aiden lay on the bed peacefully, a simplistic yet innocent shine on his face. Yet the guy was anything but both. Madre was en Enroute, thinking she would be reaching any moment I was anxious.Aiden had lost blood, but his injuries weren't deep. The airbag took most of the force. But what was appalling was finding him lying in the middle of the hall in Seira's villa. And no one around him.The shock to find him in such a vulnerable state with no one around was pro-founding but time was of concern letting me run him back to the hospital in the ambulance.The blue Mercedes parked outside was the giveaway. Duke was inside. Somewhere but the message I received was from Nadia. So how did both know each other? Worse how was Seira? Nadia wasn't receiving my call after she send the text. And leaving Aiden alone to check up on Seira was impossible!"Aiden, my baby how are you.......Thank Christ, I can see your face. I thought I lost you." The wailing could be heard from 10 doors down the corridor the way Madre was crying from the moment she entered the room.She was wailing uncontrollably beside his bedside as the guard stationed in the room looked sideways to give privacy to the wailing mother.

Lurking around the doors, a shadow peeked inside the room, trying to figure out who was standing near the doors i took a step ahead to see a tear-stricken face of Aylin, as she gazed with pure love in the world at the lying figure on the bed. Yet not putting her feet inside side stepping the guard to be present in the room.

In the entire labyrinth of deceit and pain, Aylin was hurt the most and her family. Her standing in the hospital door was the proof of her emotions she harbored for the tormentor who laid unconscious on the bed. 

A sound like sizzle resounded in the room, "Aylinnnn...." A low murmuring heard from the bed. Everyone looked at the bed as Madre stopped crying looking flabbergasted at the state of her son, whose eyes were hinged on the door at the partially hidden figure.

A tear slipped out of the man's eyes betraying his hold on his emotions as he yearned for the precious light, he lost who stood there yet seemed fa away from the reach.

Springing into action I pushed away from the wall as I pressed the red button calling the nurse station asking them to call up the doctor as the patient was awake. within minutes we were asked to leave the room as the doctor checked up on Aylin.

He was going to recover fine, a concussion with minor scratches and a month-long rest was advised due to blood loss with regular weekly checkups and blood tests. 

********************************************************************

Aylin POV

Breathe Aylin...Breathe....1...2...3...4...5...6...6...7...7...7..., The counting in my head was frightening my heart causing it to shake violently against my ribcage as I tried to reenter the cabin where I saw his bruised and bloodied self. He was hurt and it hurt me more to see him that way.

I should feel this as his karma and let go and not even see his face, but my heart betrayed every reasonable action and though, forcing me to see his face, pray to God for his recovery. 

Breathing again I stepped inside the room before I could change my mind. Our last fight was brutal, but his actions were impacting my will to stand against him. 

"I know you are standing there, please, please come inside Aylin. All I wish is to see your face if that means I die seeing it." The brutal word coming out of his mouth pushed my heart to enter faster standing near his foot as I lowered my gaze, knowing well how easily his face would melt my hardened feelings.

I raised my eyes meeting his haunting eyes as he looked at me. "I am sorry Aylin." His sorry causing the disrupt I hated in me. I couldn't forgive him, and he knew it, yet he laid there barely moving uttering the same repeated lies.

"I think I should leave Aiden." I turned to leave the room. Coming to hospital was the worst mistake I could do. It was scratching my own injuries with my own nails repeatedly.

"Wait...wait...please Aylin....Ahhhh..fuck these hurts." He wailed as I turned to see him trying to get up on the bed.

Rushing towards his side I pushed his bare shoulder trying him to lay back down, also giving him the opportunity to hold my fingers touching his shoulders.

"Give me a chance to make this right Aylin, one last chance." His tear-stricken face with his empty eyes begged.

"But Aiden, didn't I beg the same way that night as you are right now. Why didn't you stop? I can still understand what you did was misguided. But you didn't need to be avenger of your sister's soul by taking another girls soul." His grip on my fingers tightened as my words showed the effect I wished before would give me peace but at this right moment, we both were two broken souls staring at the done wishing it could be undone.

"I won't ask for forgiveness for that knowing nothing can take that back but the sorry I said is for doing wrong with your family and your brother. Because now I know enough and will not rest till I do right with the people I did wrong too."

"And Aiden do you believe me to accept it just like that? And what about the biggest culprit? What about you?" I wiped my tears furiously as my fingers inched towards his face to wipe his softly. The thought of him hurting was digging deep.

"I promise you everyone, and I mean it. Everyone will deserve what they get. But for now, don't leave me. Be with me till I can stand and do what was needed to be done long back. I am ready to beg Aylin. Please." pulling my fingers in his hold near his mouth he placed a light kiss, a kiss I used to get from my Ace. A soft touch with a lingering yearning in his eyes for me.

"Yes, I will.... for the last time."

##############################################

Gracias Lovelies

I am extremely sorry for the late updates or the lack of. I am travelling to another country for urgent work and i got no time to write. I just don't want to end it abruptly and ruin my entire planning for the book. So, no promise but I will update the next chap hopefully within next few days and a bigger one too..

Show some love