Chapter 22

Unedited

Checking the message I switched off the phone, it was the last resort to use Mark. But it was what the situation needed. Castella also messaged she received her dues. Closing my eyes I inhaled.

Now all i had to do was carry out the plan as discussed with mark, I sat back in the seat closing my eyes for a quick nap before Aylin came back here to see me waiting for her.

With that thought I closed my eyes to relax with the all night activity I pulled few hours before for a much needed sleep.

*********************

Ramming the breaks I stopped the jeep in a jerk. It took me an hour to reach back from his house as I lost way. I was worried he might have waited too long for me. Elion also took off for the remaining day.

A black Hummer caught my eyes, with black tinted windows making it hard to see the person sitting inside. But somehow I knew it my heart it had to be Ace. The giddiness returning in my stomach was enough a natural indication for me to know it was his vehicle. I walked slowly in the parking area of my current habitat knocking on the window pane to see it rolling down smoothly.

"Aylin, you are finally here." He spoke roughly with his voice thick as if just stool a small nap. But his face increased the butterflies in my stomach. I am so in love with this guy.

"Oh I lost the way twice or maybe thrice I couldn't figure out." He opened the door stepping out. I couldn't stop my bubbling excitement before I lunged at him hugging him tightly like my life was dependent on it.

He hugged me back, " I miss you." The words made me hug him tighter. Mere few hours and I couldn't stay away from him.

He spoke while untangling me ,"I was coming here to surprise you, I wanted to take you on a date, will you come?" He raised his eyebrows looking nervously at me.

"That would be amazing." I smiled.

*****************************
The landscape was beautiful, the part I never visited during my outings with Elion. I kept asking him where he was taking me but he wanted me to have another surprise slightly irritating me again.

Not that I hated surprises but with Ace my heart and mind both were working in overdrive.

After being in the jeep for an hour, we finally entered a local village. With people bustling around the area our vehicle was slowed down allowing me to survey our surrounding.

I turned to look at Ace to see him slightly smiling at me, " we are there Aylin don't worry, just 5 more minutes."

"Don't you think this big monster won't allow us to travel beyond this cramped up place." I asked to which he answered by parking in a spot next to a small chattel house.

He got out and help me out. A man came running towards us speaking a completely foreign language someone like couldn't know. But Ace beside me was speaking fluently hugging the man, slapping his back while laughing. He handed him the key of our jeep motioning towards the parked vehicle while taking my hand and walking away from the still smiling man.

I looked up to see at his face in a questioning stare, he realised my gaze when he answers, " we spoke in native Haitian creole. And he is my old friend who agreed to look after my jeep while we enjoy this famous town."
I relied with an oh, not for the second part but the first that he knew the native of this place. But who am I kidding this man was born and bought up here he would know at least of the native languages.

I focused on the surrounding we were going to. Soon we entered a beach. It was the busiest of all the beaches I had ever visited.

"Wow" I said unknowing to gaze Ace was throwing on me.