Chapter 51

(Ava's Dress for the party. I dont own the pic)

UNEDITED

"How is she doing Madre." I buttoned the last few buttons on my coat seeing the time on the watch, 6.50pm it read. Nearly the time to make the entrance for the gala gathered down below.

"It took little more explaining but she understands the reason now. She doesn't want any more hidden secrets from us. And I agree with her Aiden. I don't want any more secrets within us. We are family and this shouldn't be how we conduct ourselves." I turned to look at her nodding my head in agreement.

"But I still feel she isn't ready to meet Duke Jr or even go to Greece. Not after her accident. I won't say this to her, but I want you to try and explain it to her how dangerous it can be both to her health and the baby's." A knock on the door stopped me mid-sentence.

"Sir, Mr. Peire Agosti and Ms. Ava Agosti have arrived. They are calling for your attendance." Bat spoke from the door. I smirked; sure, Ava has exclusively come early for a party once in her life. Usually, her grand entrance meant reaching at least an hour or two late. Her desperation was visible.

"Tell them I will be there any minute and apologize for my delay." I turned to Madre as I heard the click of the door. 

"I would take your leave Madre, please do a quick over with Anthony to see if everything is at place. " Kissing her forehead, she hugged me softly before letting me leave her embrace.

"Be careful, we both know the mafioso he is. Non voglio perdere la mia famiglia." I clenched my eyes to control the passing emptions before leaving the door. I could feel the stress and pressure of the situation wearing me out, but this was much more important than before, my family needed me more and for real. This wasn't revenge but protection I needed to do for my family.

******************************************************************************

(The dress Ayling is wearing. Pic is not mine.)

Aylin POV

"Sweet Jesus, you look radiant baby." I admired my belly, a little protruding yet completely inconspicuous to the unknown.

"See, I told you Aylin looks like me." Mother looked at papa as they both sat on the bedroom bench seeing me get ready for the party.

"I look like nanna." I spoke and it was true. I was a stark image of her from childhood, especially my eyes.

"Yeah, that works in my favor too." I laughed at my mother's antics. I had decided to meet them before leaving for the trip.

"Baby you sure you want to go to Greece after what just happened few days back." I signed as I applied the last swipe of my lipstick turning back to face my dad with slight annoyance.

"So, Aiden doesn't understand yes, right? He asked you to convince me also?" I could understand his concern, but this was infuriating.

"Aylin, you are my only daughter, the reason I would go to the end of this world. Why do you think Aiden would need to tell me to convince you to stay away from lion's den?" his question was valid.

"I don't know just because he can. He has been irritating me for the same. And you guys need to understand. I was the scape goat in all of this. I didn't deserve a thing that happened to me. And if Aiden is responsible for this so is that incorrigible man who manipulated everyone to his liking. If anyone deserves confrontation, then it is me and Seira." I didn't want to ruin my mood knowing it was going get murkier at the party when I would come face to face with that bitch who tried to hurt me and my baby.

Almost unconsciously my fingers grazed my neck at the faint marks I could feel them even after the laser treatment I was undergoing. "Okay let's just end this right now. Let's support our daughter. Also, Aiden is ferocious as we have seen. And the way he is around Aylin I think we should be scared for the guy who they will be meeting not Aylin." My peacemaker mother spoke.

"I love you." I spoke to both of them picking my clutch as I checked the time.

****************************************************************

"Aidennnn" A loud voice shrieked from none other than Ava Agosti as I turned to the source of the voice. 

Hurling her body on me she tightens her clasp around my neck. "I missed you baby. I knew you would come to your senses and be back for me." She whispered close to my ears.

"Where is your father, Ava?" I tried unclasping her arms around my neck. People were looking intently in the middle of the hall as she held me as her life depended on me.

"He must be somewhere around making friends and more business for us baby." she winked finally leaving my body.

"I hope that is not necessary. But I would like to meet him before we start our announcement." I looked around to see him in the crowd as people looked at me for my attention, but my attention was only on one man.

"Oh sure, I will bring him to you. But first a kiss. I have been dying to taste those naughty lips of your baby." Her words taking all my attention as I turned to look at her oncoming onslaught.

Before she could touch my lips, I moved back, "Wow baby give me some time. And don't forget I am still a married man." The change at my rejection on her face was clear as she sneered in distaste.

"Don't tell me you are still married to that vile bitch." Her words slashed deep in my heart as she called names to Aylin, but I held my tongue and my whole self to stop from hurting her. Her guts to not once think what condition she had left Aylin in with her attack. her over confidence to stand in the same house she trespassed few weeks back attacking my wife. I would have applauded her bravery if not for the foolishness she displayed with her haughtiness.

"Sir, Mr. Rogenza wants to meet you. Let me escort you to him." I turned to see Anthony standing near me as he held his hand in the opposite direction.

"Sure Anthony." I nodded while turning to look at Ava as her face still looked contorted with anger, " Wait for me Ava, I promise in the next 20 minutes I will give you everything you deserve and so much more you could have ever asked for." Turning I went along Anthony knowing his ruse was to get me out of Ava grip before I lose my calm and physically hurt that vile woman.

#####################################

Gracias lovelies

Have fun and enjoy

Show me some love!!