Chapter 42

-

A Sarkaz and a Draco stood twenty meters across from each other. The former held a detonator, while the latter carried a shield. The Sarkaz walked carefully, moving slowly to the left and then the right. A smug grin curled up on her face as the Draco wiped dust off his face.

"So Talulah's hubby works for Lungmen and Rhodes Island. I knew that from quite a while ago, but I never thought you'd be serious. You did let us go after all. Weren't you saving that bear, Misha?"

"Yeah..." Kaiser Rye stared at the curious Sarkaz.

"It's a shame. I saw Alex's corpse over there. Saw a whole lot of other corpses too. Didn't see that girl Misha. That has to be your doing isn't it? You preached that it's better to subdue an enemy instead of downright killing them. Of course you have to kill; you need to make sacrifices every now and then, but I don't remember the last time you started a massacre."

"The last time was two years ago W."

"Oh so you remember?"

The Draco scowled and nodded. He looked towards the night sky and wondered how long he was out for. The smell of blood and rust permeated the air, delivering the putrid stench of war.

"I do miss the old Kaiser; he was a cooler guy, not the clueless goof he is right now," W remarked.

"Clueless?" Kaiser Rye mused.

"You have lost your way a long time ago, but you're not alone; me and my mercs have been wandering about aimlessly for a while, until Talulah let us in. Oh how the times have changed. Now she's a freaky bitch and you're no different from an Originium slug."

Kaiser Rye dismissed her last few words and started walking away. A hole in the side of a building was blasted to smithereens, allowing him to venture inside, eventually allowing him to climb to the roof. Fire, gunshots and screams started to get louder as he stepped to the edge. W followed him and stood by his side.

"Do you miss being a commander?" She inquired. "With one flick of a wrist, you can change the tide of battle. You can capture cities, enslave your enemies, strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. It all sounds like fun to me."

"That's because you're a psychopath," Kaiser Rye rebutted. "And speaking of commanders, who else did Talulah order to bring this time?"

"You're her Second-in-Command, you should know this."

"Not making it easy for me huh?"

"When was life ever easy?"

The Draco watched the battle below. Multiple Reunion soldiers wore different uniforms. Some had fur caps, others had white cloaks, but there were less special forces in the area. The L.G.D could be seen trying to hold them off, launching counterattacks, pushing back the sheer number of enemies in the area.

"The Guerrillas made it. So did the Yetis. But Patriot and Yelena are not here," Kaiser Rye stated.

"Anyone could have figured that out," W retorted.

"Your mercs must be coming after them aren't they?"

"How did you know?"

"Once Lungmen is incapacitated, all Talulah needs to do is land a finishing blow before finishing her plan. Your mercs are really good at ending careers. The only people capable of fighting off your Sarkaz is Rhodes Island."

"Speaking of Rhodes Island, look over there."

W pointed at a group caught in the middle of the turmoil, black lines were launched piercing through multiple bodies until they vanished into thin air. Those Arts were casted by the Cautus, Amiya, and standing beside her was non other than the Doctor. Kaiser Rye knelt down on one knee to get a better of the battle below him.