(OLD) Chapter 1: Overseer

=====

This Chapter is now old and obsolete.

The information in this chapter may or may not be relevant to the story anymore.

If you wish to read on, be my guest - I cannot stop you.

I'm going to be rewriting and replacing older chapters.

======

A warm breeze caresses my face.

Specks of dust sully my dress.

A soldier puts a mask on his face

And they will soon become a bloody mess.

The City of Chernobog will soon fall within a couple of hours. Doesn't matter who will get in the way, I'll just have to burn them down.

Oh Tal the once peaceful spokesperson turned malicious. What happened all those years ago? What went wrong? Did you kill Ines all those years ago out of fear? Are you scared of having two shadows?

Shut it! I don't have time for you now.

Standing on top of a broken down building looking down on my followers served to bore me. The majority of the ringleaders I've appointed have begun preparing their soldiers for the upcoming assault. And I'm busy watching over the discombobulated preparations. The sun was setting exhibiting a breathtaking orange and pink hue.

"Madam Talulah! Madam Talulah!"

Really? I don't need to see that arrogant brat! He only served to pester me. If we weren't low on medics I would've watched him melt before me.

I turn around and see Mephisto followed by his sniper Faust. Mephisto was busy panting and holding onto his knees. Sweat was dripping down his face. Faust had an impartial look on his face and stood up straight as a sign of subordination.

"What is it?" I ordered.

"We... we have... hold on!" His speech was bombarded by gasps.

"What! Is it?" I flex my fingers sending an invisible flame at him knocking him down.

What happened to his youthful vigor? Usually he has a lot of energy on the battlefield.

"Faust? What is he trying to say?" I ordered looking at the black-haired Pythia.

"Our troops are ready for deployment Madam Talulah." Faust states.

"Very well. Complete any final preparations and start heading for the gates now." I ordered. "The Catastrophe is currently on its way."

"Understood."

The sound of thunder was audible in the distance. A monstrous cloud loomed over the landscape. Lightning released from below it shattered everything in its wake. It's following its predicted course.

"Chernobog will soon fall afterwards. You two are dismissed." I turn around to survey the Reunion troops. The two boys leave, but someone else approached me.

"Madam Talulah." It was Crownslayer this time.

"What is it?" I ask as I turn around to face my most trusted lieutenant.

"We already have multiple Reunion troops stationed near Chernobog, we are awaiting further orders before entering." She states as she flips her machete in the air.