(STC) Chapter 21: [Seductive Grievances]

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

Indulgences breed disease.

Rewards breed greed.

Motives breed commitment.

Trauma is imminent.

If one were to go through all four...

Our vacation was a magnificent godsend. Intercourse never felt so pleasurable. Romance never flew into the air like rockets flying into the night sky. My heart never felt so warm. Or was it just a mere fleeting feeling? Regardless of my extra thoughts, our days were nonetheless delightful.

"Home sweet home!" Kaiser Rye rose his arms in jubilation. He unlocked the door for me and we both entered our apartment.

"It certainly is good to be back." I agreed as I immediately slumped against the cushions of my couch.

"You're not going to help me unpack?" 

"Precisely." I gave him a presumptuous grin.

"What a pain in the ass." Rye chuckled as I approached him with a seductive grin.

"If anything you're a pain." I leaned forward to kiss him as he returned the favor; my face felt incredibly warm and fuzzy.

"I think we might have made out a bit too much - Ow!" He pulled back causing me to fall on top of him; we both fell on the floor with me landing on his chest. 

"Whatever you say." I picked him up off the floor and went back to the couch to relax while he handled our belongings.

BEEP!* BEEP!*

"Talulah! Haley is calling you." Rye handed me my phone.

"Hello?" I called.

"Hey Talulah! How are ya doing?" The cheery Sankta greeted.

"Wonderful. And you?"

"Whoa! I never heard you speak so happily before, did something happen between you and Rye during your vacation?" The tone of her voice was rather nosy. "Hmm, maybe in bed?"

"Quiet." I scolded as a yelp was exchanged.

"Yeah. I'm here to remind you that you are working for the Reunion now. Rye's employer also needs him to be there."

"Rye's employer?"

"Apparently he has a large business deal that will greatly benefit the Reunion, but I'm not so sure what its all about." Haley was skeptical of the idea, and so was I.

"We'll have to wait and see." I told her as I heard the washing machine spinning. "How is everyone doing over there?"

"A meh at best... some police officers beat up a teenage boy because he was Infected even though he was asking for help." Haley broke the horrible news to me. It disgusts me how people react to an Infected.

They are police officers. They're supposed to be the good guys.

"Did you guys save him?" I inquired.

"Yeah, but they beat him up pretty bad. Luckily we have people who have healing Arts, but they broke multiple bones. He is currently in Doctor Krume's makeshift hospital."