(STC) Chapter 19: Orange in the Sky...

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

When one bites the hand that feeds them...

He embarks on a foreign path.

When one steps foot on said path...

He incites an exotic wrath.

Curtains flew with the wind. The ostentatious window allowed the sunlight to invade. The warmth of the bed created a fuzzy feeling inside, while I snuggle underneath it.

The curtains flew up and down like the wings of a bird flapping away. The sounds of gentle breeze pervaded my ears. The cold chill tickled my hands as I slowly try to regain my senses.

Cheep! Cheep!

I slowly open my sleep-ridden eyes to look at the anomaly in front of me. The windowsill had some avian creature perched on top of it. I rubbed my eyes and tried to distinguish it amidst my interrupted slumber.

It had a silver-white, plumage that seemed to be made of pure silk. Dark brown eyes are surrounded by a black and white eye stripe. Its wings was pointed downwards and hopped along with its body as it traversed the windowsill.

I kept on staring at it as my newly rejuvenated body slowly sat up on my bed. It was a strange looking bird. Birds are as mysterious as the origin of Arts themselves; cities usually drive such majestic creatures away.

Its chirps were so exotic, I was mesmerized by it. It flapped its wings and chirped a foreign tune. It was high-pitched yet it was strangely deep. It chirped three times, then two, then threw again.

I moved my bedsheets aside and slid my feet in my slippers. I slowly crept up to it hoping to get a closer look at it. The sun flashed before my eyes blinding me; the avian creature flew away. I rushed to the windowsill hoping to catch even a glimpse of it, but it was too fast.

I saw dark clouds in the sky. A storm is brewing. The sun was no longer there. Soon the sky was engulfed by monstrous clouds looming over me. The ground beneath me shook violently, but how is any of this possible? I'm in a palace. The sound of thunder penetrated my ears, lightning hit the ground at blinding speed.

One lightning bolt hit the palace itself. The impact made me lose my balance. Dark, purple crystals started creeping into my room as I shriek. Soon the entire window was consumed by these crystals and they were exploding in front of my face.

Multiple shards land on my skin as I try to run to the other side of the room. My shoulders became freezing cold, my hands were shivering, my spine was trembling. I cover my eyes from the disaster unfolding before me, but the crystals kept coming.

"No! NO!" I cried as I found myself cornered by them.

I close my eyes hoping that this was all a dream... and...

------------------

It certainly was. Thank goodness for that.

Yes it was just a tainted memory my dear Talulah.

So you orchestrated it Koshchei?

Indeed I have.

Stay out of my dreams. They are the only oasis I have amidst this barren desert full of desperate spectators.