-Chapter 02-

The present realized:
---

Fires flashed at every corner, cackling away with its horrid laugh. A dazzling display of red and orange twist and turn, bend and bow, until it found its way to the sky above in thin, gray lines. The air was saturated with smoke and blood. The putrid stench of rotting flesh surrounded me. Ashes littered the ground decorating freshly rotten corpses. What a dreadful landscape.

"I haven't had this much blood on my hands... in a long time..."

A voice that once held warmth spoke to me. But now that voice disgusts me to the core. A Draco of greater height stood within my sights. Jagged silver horns sprouted from his head; a thin yet long tail extended to the ground ending with a spiky tip. Sleek black hair flew in the wind as a pair of golden eyes stared at me. 

But all those features that made him a Draco, are gone. I've long slashed his horns apart; his tail was reduced to ashes. Two burn scars strewn across his face, both in the shape of hands. Now his devotions lie elsewhere. Once my most loyal ally, my stalwart love, turned into a traitor of the worst breed. 

"Kaiser Rye... you dare come back to me?" I questioned as my hand rested on the pommel of my sword.

"Yes I am... it's been two years," The man I once knew as Kaiser Rye wiped off the dirt on his face. His hands were caked with blood and fat. Grime soiled his clothes.

"Yes it has..."

Two years since we separated. Three years since our love for each other shattered into a million shards. Seven years since the birth of our feelings produced the sweetest fruit. Our younger days can never be be retaken; our time has passed.

"What are you waiting for? Kill him for the anguish he caused you," A sinister thought bloomed in my head.

A past voice flashed in my ears. The wielder, a dead spirit. The very person haunting me, is now relishing the destruction. An enigma? A paradox? It doesn't matter; nothing does. What matters is a way to overcome the obstacles to a brighter future. 

"Talulah," Kaiser Rye raised his voice. Not a hint of fear trickled when he said my name.

"I don't need to hear from you," I scowled and responded indifferently.

Around us stood countless buildings, ruined by the flames of combat. The concrete dwelling inside them melted as a result of my Arts. Not a breath of fresh air remained. Not a wind of a cold breeze entered. It was just us two, former allies, former lovers.

But it wasn't; little did we know, we were surrounded by people. Enemies and allies alike. The Reunion, my movement, my people, my kin, stood behind me as they clamored for war. Behind Kaiser Rye, stood an organization known as Rhodes Island. What a peculiar situation we've landed in.

"It is time for you all to say goodbye," I stated.

I held my left hand out and stretched my fingers. A wave of energy flowed through my joints until it slowly seeped out of my fingertips. The air around me started to warm; you could see the heat bend it. The smell of ash, the taste of charcoal, sight of flames forming ceaselessly.

"This fate is only fitting, for killing your own fellow Infected."

And with it, a wall of fire erupted all around them, engulfing them in a merciless inferno. Countless cries burst in the air, filling my ears as they slowly plunged into the depths of death. A sight to behold, for the victorious. The flames rose into a high pillar, until it slowly dwindled away. My brethren started to cheer as they watched their enemies burn...

But they didn't!

A dome of white punctured my flames, causing them to vanish in a split-second. I narrowed my gaze as I saw Kaiser Rye, standing unscathed; a white light radiated from his arms. All of the people behind him have long fled the area; now it was just him; a lone Draco; an old traitor. 

How persistent...

---
Hours Before:
---

"What's so important about this 'Doctor'?" A voice landed towards tenor, full of question.

"He's a tactician; a field commander," Another voice landed in tenor, ready for action.

"And you're sending full teams to rescue him?"

"You've said it yourself Kaiser Rye; the Reunion is coming to take over the city. I don't know how you figured it out, possibly by shrewd foresight, but you did. Thank you for all the information you've given, but I'm afraid that its too late to relay it to my friends."

"Then you should get going Scout. We have a Catastrophe coming, and we are not prepared for it. The Ursus Imperial Army, for some reason, did not send any troops to defend Chernobog; so the onus fell unto us to try and stop them, but I know that they'll win. Your mission is a death wish."

"I understand the dangers posed here. What about you? You just stated that my mission was a death wish, yet you seem to be walking straight to them. How much experience do you have fighting the Reunion?"

"I can't give you an answer to that."

"Very well. I want to thank you for accepting my invitation to join Rhodes Island; I know that you have made it amply clear  that you have a hard time following orders, but I believe you will be a valuable asset to us."

"Who's leading Rhodes Island?"

"Amiya, a young girl with rabbit ears; she's in charge of the landship. Followed by Dr. Kal'tsit; a Feline who's more knowledgeable than you think. Below her is the aforementioned Doctor we discussed before."

A crack of thunder shook the sky. A shrill of fear blasted through the streets. The stench of fire pervaded the area. Scout, with weapons ready, looked outside a broken window before he turned to look at Kaiser Rye; the Draco slung a bag over his shoulder before he jumped out, landing perfectly on his feet.

"Kaiser Rye," Scout uttered.

"Yes Scout?" The Draco scratched at his burn scars on his face.

"I never asked why you decided to fight. In the time that we have left, can you answer this question? Why is the Reunion so important to you? Don't feel obliged to answer."

"Well-"

Kaiser Rye raised his voice, but not a single word came out. The cries of civilians started to distort their ears. Without a response, the Draco nodded at Scout abruptly, before they parted ways. They only seen each other three times...

---
End of the foray:
---

A sight to see, a cry to calm.

The city fell at by the hands of liberators, pioneers, suffragists!

But those words are mere guises for havoc.

I, Talulah, shall pave the path towards freedom...

================================================================================

 (A/N): Thank you for reading Chapter 02!

- This makes the (OLD) Chapter 2 obsolete

NOTE: This is part of the massive overhaul I'm undertaking for this story!

- Next up, is Chapter 51 and the (NEW) Chapter 03!

- Author out!