(STC) Chapter 20: [Lustful Fervor]

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

Looking into the mirror to the past...

It makes me wonder:

Did I really do this?

Did I really enjoy this?

Or was the mirror holding broken glass?

That's red. That's orange. That's brown. That's pink. That's a food stand. That's a limousine. That's a large building. That's a carriage. Wait? Is that a robot?

"We're here! Welcome to-"

Kaiser Rye was eager to start our vacation. As usual, he had a large smile on his face; I just want to rip it straight off. 

The night before was full of my objections. This morning exerted all of the surplus energy I gained from my sleep. Rye insisted on keeping our weapons at home, and I wasn't very keen on the idea since we were two Infected spouses having a vacation in a non-Infected village; who knows when some feeble minded individual will attack us.

I was leaning on his shoulder as I tried to adjust my eyes to the sparkling sunlight. It has to be around noon right now. The taxi car we're in was navigating through a sea of merry pedestrians carrying large smiles, skipping on their two feet, laughing with their hands on their stomachs.

"Come on babe wake up." Rye tickled my neck.

"I'm awake you halfwit." I push him away as he leaves the car and opens the door for me.

"What in the world?"

Rye brought me to a small village - via taxi - known for being extremely decorative, especially during an annual festival. The buildings were lined with streamers, confetti cannons and large public murals. The buildings looked like they were made of a sleek stone; almost like a large reusable canvas.

As soon as I stepped outside, I got a clear image of the decorations. One was a large heart wrapped around ribbons. Large golden lanterns elegantly lined the streets which accompanied the mural.

Another one was a golden vase painted perfectly on the side of a building. There were two hands holding its handles as feathers dispersed in the background. It looked incredibly odd yet intriguing.

"Hey you awake?"

I turn around to see Rye with a raised eyebrow. He was wearing a regular button down shirt along with khakis and a plain, gray scarf. Behind him stood our suitcase, and a bag was strapped around his shoulder. He held his hand out waiting for me to take it.

He needs to wear better clothing when he's with me...

"I'm awake." I grab his hand we walked towards the hotel.

The two of us arrived at the hotel we will be staying at for the next two days. It consisted of only two floors, but there were many outlying buildings placed behind it. Rye was generous enough to pay a little extra so we get our own private suite by the lake. The interior of the hotel lobby was decorated with dazzling lights, and paisley sofas. There was a small fountain and a little artificial pond where dragon carp reside.