(STC) Chapter 16: Loose Coils

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

Is saving one person...

Worth killing others?

If you were in such a position...

Which one would you fight for?

Ch'en had her hands on the collar of Rye's straightjacket. The table was flipped over on itself. Both chairs in the room were lying on their backs. The light shone mercilessly above them.

"Everything you did is punishable by death." Ch'en castigated Rye as she shook him. "Do you hear me?!"

"I'm not scared of death." Rye answered cryptically. "But you'll need me if you want to stop the Reunion."

"Oh really?" Ch'en threw him onto the floor. "You still have the guts to talk to me like that."

"I'm not afraid of you Ch'en." Rye squirmed on the floor. "Isn't that obvious."

"Why did you disobey my orders?!" Ch'en demanded as she kicked him in the ear; his nerves flared up.

"Because I had to do what's right!" Rye blurted out.

"And because of that you-"

BOOMP!*

"Superintendent Ch'en that's enough!" The door opened revealing a disappointed Fumizuki Wei. "I cannot believe you've lost your composure just because you couldn't control your emotions."

"But he is the one who let the Reunion escape!" Ch'en protested as she picked up the beaten Kaiser Rye.

"We need him for future operations. Mr. Wei has ordered a meeting that requires him alive." Fumizuki Wei states as she opened the door fully.

"But he-"

"I don't want to hear it Ch'en. I will speak to you alone in my office in the main L.G.D building." Fumizuki scolded. "Release him this instant."

Ch'en gritted her teeth and reluctantly released him and stormed out of the room.

"Guards remove the restraints from the  straightjacket." Fumizuki ordered.

"But Ch'en Sir said-"

"I don't care I'm the Police Chief!" Fumizuki asserted her authority and the guards entered the room. They released the restraints that hampered Rye's arms.

Rye immediately used his Arts to heal his face; all of the wounds faded away.

"Thank you Mrs. Wei." Rye stood up on his two feet. "But why did you help me?"

"My husband told me all about you." Fumizuki gestured him to follow her. "You know more about the Reunion than anyone else. The L.G.D needs you, but you'll have to cooperate with us."

"I will." Rye answered as Wei opened the door to a locker room.

"Put on a uniform and meet me outside. You will be speaking with Mr. Wei." Fumizuki walked away towards the exit.

Rye snatched an outfit and ran outside. He checked his pockets in order to find his ID, phone and wallet, but he didn't have it with him. He searched for a storage room where a guard was waiting for him.