"Despite The Pain"

---

A spiral tower stood high in the sky from a city on the ground. Much of its sides were corroded by rain, weathered down by the ever-turning world it lives in. From first glance, and first encounter, it was a tower belonging to a city struck by a Catastrophe. Originium crystals laced the edges and crevices of the tower, showing off a veil of glass reminiscent of gems in an ore-filled cave. Its obstinate luxury was only a façade, as the inside was fraught with immeasurable damage, and time rendered it history.

Kaiser Rye and his daughter, Marzanna, have abandoned it long ago. It was just a mere building in their eyes, and it was worth nothing compared to the joy in their lives. The city they dwell in was worth more than everything in their world, but a sense of curiosity, often, overwhelmed them, and led them outside its borders.

"Why do we stay here everyday? I want to go outside!"

"We are outside!"

"No, outside the city, Dadee~!"

"We have to stay here, Marzanna. We have to listen to mommy, and that's the rule. Otherwise, we might run into trouble. We have a bunch of army rats snooping around. Mommy doesn't want you to get hurt, and neither do I, but I'm a little more loose compared to her."

Marzanna turned her in confusion, prompting Kaiser Rye to simplify his words. She held her father's hand, his pinkie finger, and trotted alongside him. Her little eyes gazed at the far corners as best as she can. They got a spectacular view of the world around them. A blue sky decorated with puffy white clouds; a green landscape with hints of towns and villages on the surface. A miracle to see, but a sight nonetheless.

"I am not as serious as Mommy," He said. "You can do anything you want."

"Anything?" Marzanna beamed, tugging on her father's arm.

"Yes. Anything. But we can't go out of the city."

"Okaaaaaaaay~"

"Now, hold on tight," He turned around and carried Marzanna up to his chest. "Here we go!"

And just like that, he disobeyed the rules and brought his daughter outside of the city. Marzanna closed her eyes as her father jumped from platform to platform until they reached the ground below. They landed on a soft patch of grass, Kaiser Rye  carefully lowered Marzanna to the ground and poked her cheeks.

"You're on the ground now," He said, smiling gleefully. "Open your eyes, sweetie."

Marzanna slowly opened her eyes and marveled at the landscape around her. Small bushes and trees were scattered across the land; various birds flew in the sky; large beasts roamed the surface. She twirled about, admired the scenery, and jumped around. Then she turned to her father and said:

"We should bring Mamee~!"

Kaiser Rye chuckled at the prospect. "Mommy will kill me if she knew we were here," He said. He looked behind him and saw the colossal vehicle arching high up into the sky, their city, standing like a monument.

"Why? You and Mamee need to play more~!" Marzanna whined, taking her father's hand and took him with her.

"We do play... but we are busy, sweetie. We have an entire city to look after."

The sun beat down on them. It was only January, yet the weather felt like June. Time was scarce. Kaiser Rye walked with Marzanna and sat down by the roots of a fruit tree to continue their conversation. Kaiser Rye put his back against the trunk of the tree, and Marzanna sat on his lap with her legs crossed.

"Auntie Haaa~leee~ plays with me," Marzanna said. "Sasaaaa~ Eno~ both play with me. But you and Mamee~ don't! Waaaaaah! Mamee has to go and Dadee has to work..."