Chapter 67

---

What happened the past few days, weeks, months? The Lungmen slums have been retaken, inch by inch. The doors to victory opened up just enough for Lungmen and Rhodes Island to succeed. But the battle came at a grave cost. Kaiser Rye succumbed to fatal injuries incurred by Faust, but he survived by a miracle granted but his late daughter, Marzanna. Now Kaiser Rye reached the steps of Chernobog, and he'll keep on marching forward until he confronts Talulah.

However, unbeknownst to Kaiser Rye, his dear friend Haley is now in Talulah's grasp. The Sankta is on the verge of death, and Talulah seems quite pleased about it. Will the Kaiser hear her call for help? Haley was with someone else before she was attacked. A little girl named Misha miraculously survived Talulah's grip. Where did she go?

In Lungmen, Faust was attacked by Ch'en, and they both retreated to safety for the time being. Mephisto is currently engaging Rhodes Island's Elite Operator Moonlight, though no word has been relayed from either side yet. Patriot started his advance back towards Chernobog; Frostnova has left too. 

What does this battle show next?

---

Chernobog was in shambles. Bridges collapsed. Fences broke. Buildings stood on top of half-bent beams. Those who remained had to survive off of little food and water. Fires burst at every corner, engulfing the streets with their fumes. The sun never shined on the city because of the smoke forever rising into the sky. The Infected that stayed under the Reunion flag had their patience taken from them. Lungmen didn't fall as Talulah predicted. The Reunion was slowly being kicked out of the slums. When Patriot arrived at Chernobog's gate, the sinking shoulders and exhausted breaths all came out. They grew weary as time went on. 

Not a word has been exchanged with their leader; Talulah hasn't spoken to them in a while. But seeing as the siege of Lungmen is growing failure, they redirected their attention to their city. It was dark already in Chernobog, and many faces grew tired of waiting. It wasn't until a posse of Reunion soldiers spoke up that they finally went to confront their leader, only to be stopped by large burly men with devil tails.

"Who are you?" The Reunion soldier demanded. "And why are you here?"

"Hey! It's a Sarkaz. Mercenaries. Talulah united them to our cause many years ago," One Reunion soldier stated. 

"I don't care! I want to see Talulah now!"

The Sarkaz Mercenary looked at the Reunion soldier with indignation. He shook his head and spat on the ground, holding his large greatsword by his side. 

"Talulah is very busy right now," He proclaimed. "She has to deal with a traitor from the past, and she is devising a new plan to ensure our victory. Right now, you all must return to your posts immediately."

"All we want to know is where Talulah is right now!" The Reunion soldier exclaimed. 

"You will know in due time. Now piss off."

"What did you say to me?" 

The Reunion soldier lunged forward only to be stopped by his comrades. The Sarkaz was moments away from drawing his sword. A petty quarrel in a dire situation was not what they needed, but their emotions gave way. The ground shook with their shouts and their stomps. Any louder the buildings around them will collapse. They were just by the gate too. 

One figure snuck behind them with a hood over her head. Quiet huffs came out in shallow breaths as she waited to cross the street. Her fingers touched the wall beside her and she quickly ran to the other side.

"Hey!" One Reunion soldier shouted. "Get back here!" 

The figure bolted on the spot and ran as fast as her legs could carry her. The Reunion and the Sarkaz both started chasing her. One grabbed a crossbow and started firing bolts with it. The figure ran down an alley and dashed down a corridor until she thought she had lost them. She pushed a thin sheet of metal off a wall and hid between it and the building. The surrounding debris crashed down around her, caving her in. She shrieked in fear. She covered her mouth and tried to calm herself down. To her surprise, her breaths became steadier in just a few seconds. The Reunion soldiers could be heard shouting commands at each other.