(STC) Chapter 15: Smoky Veils

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

Where did the shadow go?

Over the hills of fear?

Or the valleys of foresight?

Yet, if you ask them they won't show.

Multiple guards are on the ground with holes in their heads. Blood stained the concrete floor of the parking lot. Four lucky individuals now stare at the strange savior before them.

Faust looked indifferently at the attacker. Misha looked at the shadow behind Ch'en.

"Who are you?" Ch'en looked behind her and saw a Sarkaz wielding an assault rifle.

"Just a demolitionist with a gun!" She pulled the trigger on her rifle.

KRATATATATAT!*

FWHHHZHING!*

TING!* TI-TING!*

A white barrier miraculously arose in front of Ch'en as she braced for a gunshot.

"What the?" Ch'en looked behind her and saw Kaiser Rye holding out his hand; white light emitted from his palm.

"Time to get going." Faust snatched his crossbow and used his Arts to envelop Misha and Rye.

"Roger." Kaiser Rye equipped his shield; the three of them became shadows and disappeared with the wind.

"Who are you?" Ch'en demanded as she pulled out her sword.

"Aw man he left." The Sarkaz whined as she turned away and ran.

"This is ridiculous." Ch'en rushed after her as she took out her phone. "Hoshiguma come in!"

BLEEP!*BEEP!*

"Hoshiguma here with the L.G.D Special Division!" The green-haired Oni replied as the sounds of weapons collided with each other. "We are currently pursuing the enemy!"

"Stop chasing them!" Ch'en ordered as she leaped over a mound of debris and ran towards W.

"What?"

"Kaiser Rye has freed the Reunion squad leader and Misha. I want him arrested immediately!" Ch'en dodged a grenade blast and landed on her toes.

"He what?"

"There is no time, He is probably headed towards the gate. Arrest him!" Ch'en put her phone away and chased the intruder into a dead end.

"Oh no." The Sarkaz pretended to be scared. "What shall I ever do?"

"Who exactly are you?" Ch'en demanded as she pulled out both her swords.

"Just a mercenary like any other." She pulled out a C4 and planted it on the wall behind her.

She rolled out a flashbang.

PHSHIIIING!*

"Ahhh!"

BOOM!*

Ch'en opened her eyes and saw the dead end blown wide open. The mercenary was gone in the blink of an eye.