Preface

The ancestral hall of the Lotus Pier was drowned in the smoke from incense sticks. The sound of water from the fountain didn't sound soothing at all. Clan leader of the Jiang sect of Yunmeng kneeled in front of the fountain, staring at the names of his deceased family members, his hands clenched on his lap. The three name plates seemed to float in front of him. His head ached and he felt dizzy. "Mom, dad, today I saw him standing in front of me. I saw Jin Zixuan standing in front of me."

...

Lan Wang Ji, Hanguang Jun stood in the middle of a field of scattered bodies. Most of the soil was covered in blood. He could not believe he failed. He failed to get there in time. If he could have gotten there a little bit faster, he could have at least saved a few of them from whatever monstrosity that occurred. Or, so he hoped, because he didn't want to even think that there could be a chance, he is not strong enough to fight against this evil.

But looking at the bodies he could not stop thinking even though he will be strong enough, there is a chance that he would not know how to defeat this evil, for it is unlike anything he had ever seen before.

When two disciples ran into his room and warned him about the killings that was happening near the mountains, he just rushed there without wasting any time hoping to save as many people as he could. The last thing he expected was to find every human he could lay his eyes upon to be dead. And it was certain this was no human doing. It was dark even to the point it could be considered as demonic.

When Wang Ji first got there the smell which overpowered everything else was the iron smell of blood. But now the corpses were smelling like rotting garbage and something acidic. Withing few minutes, the corpses had started to smell like they had been rotting for days. It smelled like it was almost poisonous. And the skins of the dead were bubbling like they were boiling from the inside.

He had to return with some disciples later to carry a few bodies to the Cloud Recesses for further examination. At that moment, he longed for Wei Ying so much. Wei Wu Xian is the one who was more familiar with demonic power. And also, because even though it had not been that long, Wang Ji really missed him.