Chapter 52 (Part I)

A/N: Guys I'd really like to know whether you enjoyed this chapter or not. I just wrote everything I wanted to write. So, I'd like to know whether it is enjoyable or... I'll explain more at the end.

"Girl, hold tight." Qi Xue had to remind Hong Guang probably for the 10th time, as Hong Guang's mind kept drifting off to take in the beauty of Yunmeng forgetting that she's sitting on a very tall horse behind Qi Xue.

After Hong Guang and Chun Hua had anxiously waited for hours for the others to finish the ritual, all the while hoping that it will grant them the information they so desperately needed, sect leader Nie had come to inform them that they had been able to find the general location of their enemies, though it was way less than they had anticipated to get out of it. But before he could tell them about the future plans, a chaotic Jing Yi and Jin Ling came looking for them followed by a calmer Si Zhui and told them all about the ritual in a very dramatic and entertaining manner letting them know all the details that Huai Sang had left out.

When it seemed like Jing Yi and Jin Ling had had enough of complaining how scary and draining the whole experience was, and how exhausted they were right now, despite their non-stop speaking, Si Zhui said, "Sect leader Nie, Hanguang Jun wanted me to tell you that it is better if we left for the Lotus Pier as soon as possible."

"Ah, yes, right, young master Lan. I... I actually have to gather my disciples as well. Will need a little time for that. But I will try to be as quick as possible. Ummm, Chun Hua, Hong Guang, what are you two going to do? You are more than welcome to stay here at the Unclean Realm if you do not want to join us."

"Umm... well... if we are going to cause you trouble..." Chun Hua said not wanting to be a burden.

Hong Guang stared at her friend unbelievingly, and turned her stare to Huai Sang. "Will we be any trouble?" She asked doubtfully. "Because if we are not, I'd really like to see Lotus Pier too. I had to miss out on the Nightless City. I don't want to miss out on Lotus Pier too. After hearing that the YiLing Patriarch grew up there, A-Juan and I really wanted to visit the Lotus Pier."

"You and your sister are really weird." Jin Ling said, not being able to fathom why would anyone be interested in the Lotus Pier just because it was the childhood home of his damned uncle.

"Well, young master Jin, you have no right to talk after telling us yourself, how awesome and beautiful Lotus Pier is." Hong Guang said offering him a scowl.

"Lotus Pier sure is beautiful, and so is Yunmeng." Huai Sang said. "And no, you won't be any trouble. In fact, I'd like to have my two friends traveling with me. I just thought you'd back up, considering there is a potential danger, especially now that we know that this has something to do with the Xia clan. But then again, Hanguang Jun and Wei Xiong is going to travel with us, not to mention second brother and Jiang Xi... sect leader Jiang. That's as much protection as one can possibly hope for. Though I do hope the Unclean Realm will grant you the necessary protection if you want to stay behind. But I have to say that I also am kind of nervous to leave you behind. These people know you are at the Unclean Realm. So... maybe..."

"It's settled then. We are going to Lotus Pier." Hong Guang said excitedly looking at Chun Hua, who was also helplessly beaming with excitement.

Hong Guang was planning to ask sect leader Nie to tell them more about Lotus Pier and what's ahead to come, but he left saying he should start preparations. It did not really matter, as the five of them had a merry time excited about their upcoming adventure. But the merriment only lasted until the next morning, when they realised the graveness of the situation. As they excited the gates of the Unclean Realm, laughing, to join others, they were greeted by the tense atmosphere the grave situation has created. The Nie disciples and the Lan disciples climbing onto horsebacks in neatly assembled rows made them realise that they were actually on their way to war with an enemy that they didn't even know much about.