Chapter 12 (Part II)

A bunched of surprised remarks came out of the group.

"Do you drink? Have you ever gotten drunk before?" Jin Ling asked. He couldn't sort out his feelings. He thought Qi Xue was an elegant lady from a good family despite her rude remarks. He was ready to overlook her rudeness. But now this?

"No, I haven't. My brother would never let me even get close to a liquor jar when I was little. But when he left, I thought my time has come. But then my grandma started to make me behave like a 'prestigious lady', whatever that is. That's why I want to do it now. What better time for me to start? And on the other hand, I was here first. You guys have no right to kick me out."

"The Jin Sect's leader is with us. I think he have the right to kick anyone out any time he likes." Another disciple spoke up.

"Oh, you mean young master Jin? But he hasn't become the sect leader yet now, has he? And if you guys try to argue with me any further, I'm going to set Fairy on you?"

"Hey Fairy is on my side," Jin Ling said angrily. "He is not going to harm me. He is a friend of Young Master Ouyang as well."

"Are you sure about that?"

Something about her tone made him hesitate for a bit. The truth was Fairy looked really fond of her, so Jin Ling was no longer so sure. This made him feel like absolute betrayal. The others didn't seem so please at the thought of having to fight the big dog either. So, Jin Ling finally gave up.

"Fine. You can stay and get as drunk as you wish. But if you got in any sort of trouble, don't blame it on us."

"But I thought that our nice Sect leader would get me out of any trouble."

"Didn't you just say that I'm not the sect leader?"

"Aren't you? Then who else is the sect leader? Tell me. I should go meet him. I don't like talking to a bunch of nobodies."

Jin Ling panicked, imagining this beautiful girl flirting with those useless disciples that go around claiming that the sect should be theirs. "Okay, okay I will get you out of trouble."

"Fine let's drink then." With that she sat on the floor dragging Fairy to her lap.

Thankfully they found a small stack of liquor jars in a cabinet and went right into business. Even though the boys did try to play drinking games and tried to find who could hold their liquor better, Qi Xue was easily the centre of attention. Because it was very rare for a girl to join a drinking party, everyone was interested in her.

At first, Jin Ling was determined to measure how much Qi Xue drank so that he could stop her before she drank too much, but he lost count very soon. He really shouldn't be blamed though, for it was really hard to keep track of anything in the middle of all that crazy talk and laughter. And Qi Xue had a lot of funny stories to share about the stupid boys in her neighbourhood. Even though her words were somewhat degrading to their gender in general, Jin Ling laughed so loud relieved that he was not the subject of her mockery.

At some point they all decided to go out because the kitchen felt so stuffy and hot. The kitchen was more thankful that they left for if they stayed a little longer nobody could have predicted what disaster could have occurred. Three of the disciples excused themselves saying they really needed to go and sleep, but the others felt like they could go without sleep for eternity.

"Jin Xiong, Jin Xiong," Zi Zhen gestured to Jin Ling to come closer and leaned in with one hand covering his mouth as to whisper a secret. Then he shouted at the top of his lung, "which way is the Ouyang mansion?" making Jin Ling almost deaf.

A disciple came and pointed towards southeast, even though it was doubtable he knew which direction that was, "I think it's over there Yong Master Ouyang."