Chapter 33

"Zewu Jun, let us know if there's anything else we can help you with."

Xi Chen hid a small smile. Before, if the word 'we' was associated with Wang Ji, it was always him or the Lan sect. Now, master Wei is doing a really good job in taking his place. "It's okay master Wei. I feel like you and Wang Ji had been working too hard the past few days. I know that you two are determined to help people as much as you can. But please don't forget to look after yourselves as well. You two helped me so much in preparing for the meeting today. So, why don't you take some rest for the remainder of the day. Anyway, I have something else I need to take care of."

Xi Chen watched them politely walk away. There were still some cultivators in the Lotus Hall, and Xi Chen felt reluctant to leave. The Lan sect members will not remain in a meeting place after it was adjourned unless they had something important to talk to or do. They considered it impolite to linger, making the host uncomfortable. They also considered it impolite for the host to leave before the hall was practically empty. But other sects didn't seem to harbour such thoughts. Xi Chen felt like the sooner he got this done, the better. Thankfully, his uncle was still there conversing with a sect leader. So, he silently slipped away from a nearby door.

Sect leader Jiang was one of the first ones to leave the hall. Xi Chen saw Jin Ling standing up as if to talk to his uncle. But Jiang Cheng didn't even look towards the general direction of his nephew before he exited the hall. It seemed as if he wanted to avoid many people. Xi Chen hoped that he himself was not one of them. He also hoped that he knew where sect leader Jiang went. Thankfully, he glimpsed a familiar face, who might also know the where abouts of sect leader Jiang.

"Lan Jing Yi." He called out to his disciple, who was almost storming down the road, ignoring the sect rules. Upon hearing his voice, Jing Yi turned around. But there was no fear, guilt, or shock in his face for getting caught breaking a rule. He wanted to ask why Jing Yi was running, but knowing Jing Yi, he felt like Jing Yi would have something witty to say back, even to his own sect leader. So, instead, he asked what he needed to ask. "Lan Jing Yi, do you know the whereabouts of sect leader Jiang? I have something to discuss with him."

"Ah, Zewu Jun, I saw him going down the hill. Mayhap he went to the town."

"Don't forget to kowtow and great the grandmaster if you happen to run into him." Xi Chen could go through many punishments that Jing Yi would have to undergo if he talked to his uncle the same way he talked to him.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Just don't run."

Before Jing Yi could descend all the logic in the world for why his running should be justified, Xi Chen headed downhill as well. If he was seeking master Wei in Caiyi town, he could follow emperor's smile. But where would Jiang Wan Yin be.

Xi Chen was about to exit through the entrance to head towards Caiyi town when he saw a glimpse of purple among the trees. He headed towards that, wondering whether Jiang Wan Yin brought any other disciple with him, or if it was him, what he was doing in the fields. A smile appeared on his lips when he saw Wan Yin calmly sitting on the field while the bunnies were pestering all around him. He found his drastic difference of attitude somewhat amusing. If those bunnies were humans, Wan Yin sure would have barked at them.

And Xi Chen would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised when he saw that Wan Yin was actually petting a bunny who was calmly resting on his laps.

"Sect leader Jiang, may I join you?"

Xi Chen saw Wan Yin shudder as he heard his voice. He must have been in deep thought to not even hear his footsteps. More than that, he looked like he wanted to vanish. Was he ashamed that he caught him petting bunnies?