Chapter 35 (Part II)

"Hey, Jin Ling." It was obvious that Jin Ling tried his best to avoid Wu Xian and run away. But seeing that there was no escape, he lowered his head and walked towards his uncle.

"Why did you call me?"

"Ah, Jin Ling, can't you be a little more enthusiastic? I just wanted to see what you are up to."

"Why? So, you can scold me?"

"Why would I scold you? What were you doing to be scolded by me?"

"Nothing." Jin Ling tried to walk away.

"Where is that friend of yours?"

"What friend? Fairy?"

Wu Xian purposefully put on a very disappointed look. "So young master Jin, are you telling me that no human being considers you as a friend?"

"What are you talking about?" Jin Ling said angrily. "I have a lot of human friends."

"Oh really? Then why aren't you with them?"

"They are in the library. I don't want to be there."

"But didn't Hanguang Jun ask you all to help him go through those scriptures?"

"I am not a Lan disciple. So, why should I do the work of the Lan sect?"

"Young master Jin, I heard clearly Zewu Jun mentioning several areas of Lanling that had been attacked as well. So, how come this is the work of the Lan sect?"

"They are reviewing the books of the Lan sect. If they were reviewing books from the Jin sect, maybe I would get involved. I am here as a guest and the acting sect leader of the Jin sect. I don't have to do what disciples do."

"Jin Ling, a sect leader, should take lead in these things. If not, you will end up like that Wen Chao. I'm pretty sure Jiang Cheng had told you about him. Come now, don't act like a conceited brat. We need every help we can get right now. And you could also benefit a lot if you could find something related to this matter yourself. What if you can find a method to stop all this? Think about the honour it will bring you. So now don't be lazy and go support your..."

"Hanguang Jun!" Jin Ling exclaimed, looking scared.

"Jin Ling, Jin Ling, are you trying to fool me using my own trick? Come on, I'm the one who used that first."

"Wei Ying."

'Oh no, it really is Lan Zhan!' Wu Xian felt embarrassed for trying to act as he was way better to fall for dumb tricks. And how come he ended up right in the hands of the one person he was trying to avoid? "Ah, Lan Zhan, I see you are out here. Ah, you know, I was telling Jin Ling that, as a young master, he shouldn't slack off and should be efficient. Jin Ling, are you really going to refuse to work? Especially as the soon to be sect leader of the Jin sect and all?"

Jin Ling really felt like ripping the pretty hair off Wu Xian's head right there and then. How dare he trap him like that? But with Hanguang Jun present, he dared not behave badly. Even though he had never been to Lan sect's lectures, his friends had told him how they were sent to be punished to even the most meagre mistakes and how Hanguang Jun would assign them severe punishments. With a scowl directed towards Wu Xian, which he made sure Hanguang Jun would not see, he walked towards the library.

Wu Xian stared at Jin Ling's back with a smug smile and his hands crossed. "Hehe, Lan Zhan, he was really trying to slip away from work. We should really teach these youngsters not to be lazy. Seems Jin Ling is really scared of you. Hehe."

"Wei Ying, you too."

"Ah, Lan Zhan, you are joking, right? Lan Zhan, you can't be serious. I have a lot of other important things to do. I'm not like Jin Ling. I'm a very responsible person."