Chapter 16

The first thing that came to Jin Ling's mind as he woke up was the grief-stricken face of his uncle. He couldn't believe that somehow, he was able to forget about that, last evening. His heart suddenly clenched so hard it hurt.

But Jin Ling realised his heart was not the only thing that was hurting. His back was hurting as well. So was his head. He most definitely wasn't in his bed. Instead, he was lying on cold granite somewhere outside.

A little turn of his neck brought him the answers. He was lying on the steps to his house. One door was halfway open. There was another young man lying on the steps wearing red. Oh, he remembered. He was one of the Ouyang disciples. He stood up to go inside and his head started to pound. His door was half open and there were three boys all tangled up on his bed. One was obviously drooling and Jin Ling restrained himself from pulling him out of his bed. Two others were lying on the floor; one was half naked and Fairy was also lying on his stomach sleeping like a log. He turned around scanning the room.

"She must have left." Zi Zhen greeted him with a smile and put his arm around his shoulders. "I woke up an hour ago and didn't even see a sign of her."

"Why would I care? She wasn't invited anyway. She's the one who forced us to let her stay."

"Yes, yes, what you say is true. Ah the things I dreamt last night... Oh I really hope those are just dreams. Otherwise, it would be so embarrassing. Do you remember any of it?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" This was a total lie and Jin Ling was not that good of an actor to hide his worry from Zi Zhen as he would have liked.

Anyway, Zi Zhen thought it would be best not to upset Young Mistress Jin, so he said, "Jin Xiong, why don't we ask your servants to bring some breakfast, I'm starving. And some hangout medicine as well. Looks like a lot of us can use it including myself.

The ones who were still asleep didn't look like they were planning on waking up anytime soon, so they asked the servants to set a table outside in the garden. This was clearly Zi Zhen's idea. Jin Ling had never felt the need to have a meal out in the open. But that morning was really nice and he felt like his headache was already drifting away.

"Jin Xiong, you really like that lady, don't you?"

Jin Ling suddenly turned into a tomato, "What lady? I don't like any ladies."

Zi Zhen tightened his lips to hold himself back from laughing. "Is it because I was drunk, I think her name has slipped my mind. But you clearly know which lady I'm talking about. The one who drank with us last night."

"Ah Qi Xue? She just likes Fairy."

"Yes, and I think you like her."

"How many times do I have to tell you; I don't like her. And what about you. Aren't you the one who like her? You were the one who was running around trying to grab her attention by calling her pretty lady and all."

"Okay, okay, I won't lie, I think she's very beautiful." Zi Zhen said. Jin Ling turned even redder. "But, if you like her I won't come in between."

"Who won't you come in between, young master?" Two of the Ouyang disciples came and joined them at the table.

Zi Zhen knew it would have been better if he could have talked about this with Jin Ling in private, but because the situation turned out this way, he decided to play it cool and light-heartedly. "Ah, we were just talking about Jin Xiong and that beautiful lady."

Jin Ling hit him on the ankle with his foot but Zi Zhen continued as nothing has happened. "Since our young master Jin like her very much, don't you guys think that we should help him to get the lady?"