Chapter 44

Lan Xi Chen poured his guests tea, while Wu Xian and Jing Yi was so enthusiastically explaining to him all that had happened. Xi Chen really felt sorry for Jing Yi. But he really seemed all right now, that his friends are there to convince him that he didn't do any wrong. However, Xi Chen could not help but wonder how young master Jin would be feeling. He really didn't have beloved seniors around him to assure him whenever he felt down. Xi Chen hoped that sect leader Jiang would make up with his nephew, so Jin Ling would not be so alone.

Jing Yi really wanted to tell Zewu Jun and Hanguang Jun about Si Zhui's little crush too. So, Xi Chen just let him, looking at Si Zhui slowly turn into a tomato. But as the story was over Xi Chen thought that he should have a talk with his brother and master Wei first. "Lan Si Zhui, Lan Jing Yi, you both have done well. And I'm pretty sure your teacher, Wang Ji would want you to write a report on your night-hunt. I hope you would do well on the report as well." At this Jing Yi deflated like a dehydrating tomato. "Now, students, do not be lazy. Hurry up now. The sooner you start on the report, the sooner you would finish it. And if you finish it soon, Hanguang Jun might assign you to another night-hunt. Who knows?"

Si Zhui dragged reluctant Jing Yi to his feet. "Zewu Jun, then we will take our leave." He kowtowed. "Hanguang Jun, we will start working on the report then." He kowtowed to his teacher and senior Wei as well.

"Mmm."

Jing Yi also half-heartedly kowtowed and left with his friend.

"It seems like Zewu Jun have something to tell us." Wu Xian looked at Xi Chen suspiciously.

"Nothing really slips master Wei, do they? Well, it is true that I have to tell you something. No, don't be too anxious. The sect is doing all right and the nearby areas are doing better now with the protection of the barriers. I just sent the juniors away because I just wanted to discuss about this with you first. I received a letter from sect leader Nie two days ago."

"Brother, are there more attacks in Qinghe?"

"I guess the usual amount, yes. But sect leader Nie had wrote to me to inform me about another matter. Well, to be honest, he is practically begging me to come and help him out. Guess he never really do grow up."

"Zewu Jun, what is it?" Wu Xian asked getting impatient.

"Well, according to his letter, they have been attacked on their way back to Qinghe after the meetings."

"By the demon?" Wu Xian asked. If so, this is a huge problem. To his knowledge, the demon had not yet dared to attack any famous sects, including their sect leader.

"That is the thing. Nie Huai Sang is convinced that it was not related to the other attacks. People clad in black had attacked them."

"Are they alright?" Wu Xian asked getting concerned. "Even those two pretty maidens left with Nie Huai Sang, didn't they?" he asked earning a vicious glare from Wang Ji. "What I meant is, they are still very young. It would be a petty if something happened to them at such a young age. "Wang Ji's glare did not diminish.

"Despite the fact that their golden cores had been almost paralysed, thankfully Huai Sang had had really good swordsmen with him that had been able to barely get them out of trouble and chase the attackers away."

"Golden cores being paralysed?" Wang Ji asked.

"Exactly what concerns me too, Wang Ji. Huai Sang had again and again mentioned that somehow the attackers had been able to paralyse all his cultivators' golden core including his. I was wondering whether it is something similar to what Su She did on the way to the burial mounds."

"Well, did they hear any music?" Wu Xian asked.

"Huai Sang hadn't mentioned. So, I really didn't know. His whole letter was more of a plea for help than being informative. So, I barely know any details. Wang Ji, why don't you decide what to do. Either gather some disciples or go with master Wei and see what had happened, will you?"