Chapter 41 (Part II)

"Jin Xiong, let's go." Jing Yi grabbed Jin Ling's arm and started dragging him away. But Jin Ling resisted and turned back to Qi Xue.

"Qi Xue, I... we... well."

"We well what bustard?" Jin Chan asked realising that this is something he's going to enjoy immensely. And he should not let go of this perfect chance to show Qi Xue who this bustard really is.

"Why Jin Chan? Want to feel Fairy's teeth?" Jing Yi asked wondering whether Fairy would really listen to one of his commands. But it was fine as long as his words managed to scare Jin Chan. He just wanted to take Jin Ling who had become a stupid statue away from here swearing to deities that he would never fall in love like this, or even if he did, he would never be this dumb about it.

As they walked away, he could hear Jin Chan saying that he would make sure to send that damned dog to hell one day and Qi Xue saying that Fairy won't bite to encourage her brother who was pathetically staying back refusing to follow her.

Qi Xue managed to reach them. "Where are you two going? Don't you think that if you ended up creating a mess, you should at least do what you can to clear it?"

"Well lady," Jing Yi said not too kindly, "I think that you have eyes and ears to acquire the fact that we are no longer welcome here. So, if you do not mind, we are going elsewhere to provide our help." As exhausted as they both were, they hadn't initially planned on helping anyone, but find a place to regain their energy and get out of all this chaos. But Qi Xue is making him angry like she had never done before.

"Oh, really?" Jin Chan butted in. "Looks more like running away. Anyway, I wonder whether you are fit to help anyone anyway, considering what you did. So, why don't you two idiots stay back and let people who are actually capable, do the work."

"No." It was Mei Mei. "They made a mess. So, make them clean it. Or at least compensate to it. Privileged people seriously seem to think that they can take lives and just go home and have some sweet dreams with no problems. So, did you actually kill someone? Who is it?"

"Well, lady Li, it's Gei Ze Min." Jin Ling had had enough of this. "Didn't you yourself said that he is a bad person? So, shouldn't you out of all people be happy that I killed him?"

Mei Mei was taken aback a bit, but she soon recovered. "Yes, I told you he's no good. Doesn't mean you can just go ahead and kill him for no reason."

"IT WASN'T FOR NO REASON." Jin Ling screamed. He felt like streams of tears were about to betray him any minute.

"You... you really killed... you really killed a person?" Qi Xue asked in a small voice making Jin Ling's heart hurt even more. He had never heard her voice being so weak before. Qi Xue herself had a really hard time comprehending what she was hearing.

"Oh, so, what's this really big reason huh?" Jin Chan asked mockingly.

"Well, we thought... we thought..." Jing Yi gulped determining to make himself sound surer. "That if we killed him, all this would end."

"Oooooh!" Jin Chan said like he figured out something valuable. Then he craned his neck to look at the village still visible in the distance. "Then why doesn't it look like it worked?"

"Because it did not, you moron." Jin Ling said through gritted teeth while grabbing his collar. Jin Chan tried to free himself, but Jin Ling felt like Wu Dai Yu's iron strength had transferred to him and had no trouble of keep gripping Jin Chan's collar almost chocking him.

"What a bunch of idiots. Are you not capable of acting like human beings? What an eyesore." Mei Mei said quite annoyed. The shame her words cost made Jin Ling and Jin Chan break apart.