Chapter 27

It wasn't even dark yet, but a lot of sects were gathered to the mountains. They heard some people shouting and saw that a person was badly injured. Cultivators from his sect were carrying him. Without even having to be requested by him, Jiang Cheng's second in command, Yong Liang left their group to go and converse with those people. He held himself well and seemed to converse very professionally, making Jiang Cheng feel proud.

But as soon as he turned back way, to return to them, Jiang Cheng put back his usual frown, hiding the little smile that appeared. "So, what is with them?"

"Sect leader, they are saying that the beast appeared in broad daylight and attacked some people. It seemed more ferocious than we anticipated. I heard the Jin sect is already here as well. Do you want me to find out whether young master Jin had arrived?"

"No need. You arrange the disciples to night-hunt. I'll look for the brat myself."

Jiang Cheng wondered around the mountain, looking for Jin Ling. There were some minor beasts as expected from these mountains, but he didn't even see any sign of a big one that's brave enough to even venture into villages. He saw groups of cultivators wearing gold white robes embroidered with spark amidst snow. But Jin Ling was nowhere among them.

If Jin Ling is not going to take the lead and guide his disciples in a night-hunt, alas make them roam aimlessly, how the hell is he planning on making these disciples willing to follow him as a sect leader. He should have taught Jin Ling better. This brat is clearly a dumb fool who can't figure things out himself. What will his sister think if she sees Jin Ling now? She will clearly say that he should have done a better job bringing him up. She might even say that Wei Wu Xian might have done a better job.

Getting annoyed, Jiang Cheng hurried his footsteps. He's going to break Jin Ling's legs if he found him slacking off.

"They say the beast is that way, let's go. Come hurry."

Jiang Cheng looked to see a sect hurrying into the mountain. He rolled his eyes because it was obvious that that sect didn't have cultivators who were powerful enough to kill a beast like that. These people should really know their limits. Nonetheless, he also followed the small group uphill. Uphill, there were more and more sects.

'Ah, white robes. So, the Lans are here as well. Seems like they can't keep their icy noses out of anything. Wait, is that a Jin disciple? Wait... "JIN LING!!!"

Jiang Cheng could visibly see Jin Ling shiver upon hearing his voice. What a weak brat. Reluctantly, Jin Ling started to walk towards him. "Can't you walk faster? Are you already an old man?"

"It's not like I can run to you like a charging bull. Maybe you should learn to have more patience."

"Learned to even talk back now, have you? Maybe seeing how disciplined those Lan brats are would teach you something. But why the hell did I feel like you were with them."

"Because I was. They are my friends. Uncle, can't you remember them. Some of them were at the Yunping temple, and that's sect leader Ouyang's son over there."

Jiang Cheng could not remember any of those kids, and he did not care either. However, he thought sect leader Ouyang's son did look a little too much like sect leader Ouyang. Way more than he used to look like sect leader Ouyang. He was a little confused. He vaguely remembered that kid having delicate features. But in a few months, he seemed to have grown to look like sect leader Ouyang. Almost identical.

Anyway, he brushed it off. "What about your own sect? Why are you going after the Lans? Jin Ling, I don't know whether you have realised this, but if you are planning to ever take over the sect leader's position..."