Chapter 37 (Part II)

"You are telling me that that brat went to hunt this thing down and you didn't even tell me?"

"Father, he just went night hunting. You never told me to tell you when he went night-hunting." Qi Xue said annoyed a little at her father.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you?" Jin Chan said slapping Qi Xue on her head. "When will you ever learn? Or, are your standards that low for you to get blinded by that fool or something."

"Jin Chan, don't talk to your sister like that. She is the one and only daughter of our family." Master Jin said half-heartedly. The last thing he wanted was his children to start a fight.

"But, father, did you see how she just walked out of the hall when you were speaking. So, disrespectful."

"Why? The meeting was over. Which means, any talk that happens afterwards is not mandatory. And since there was no point of me listening to my father talking about his future goals, I left."

"Both of you, stop bickering." Master Jin said strongly. "Jin Chan, if that brat goes around and found out something even by accident, he can use it to flaunt in the Jin sect. Stupid people would worship anyone that would help them solve their silly problems. So, gather some Jin disciples and go night-hunting. I can return to the sect by myself. It's not like you two are any help in administrative matters anyway. It is better if I can return and tell everyone that I sent you two to night-hunt than bringing you comfortably home to slack around."

"Two? But father...?" Qi Xue asked flustered. She was already so done with night-hunting. It would have been better if they actually hunted something. Then at least she could have told herself that they were doing something. So, walking around for hours and staying in taverns and guest houses here and there would not be for nothing. But she could not believe that her father was telling her to return to that pointless roaming.

"Do not protest. You should help your brother. And while he gathers some disciples, go and see what that brat is up to. See who is willing to go night-hunting with him. And see where he is planning to go as well."

"I will not. The last thing I want to be is a pathetic spy."

"JIN QI XUE! We seriously have spoilt you too much haven't we. Is this how you are going to repay us for all we did for you? I wonder why you didn't protest when I buy you all that tasty food and expensive clothes as well? If you are going to say no, you should have said no to those things too."

"Yes father, you should really teach her a lesson. Just take her home with you. She's only going to be a nuisance if she came with me anyway. And who knows, she might even tell everything to that idiot just because she is in love with a stupid dog."

"If Fairy is stupid, new words has to be invented to describe your intelligence level."

"SHUT UP." Master Jin screamed feeling a headache blooming. "You both are going and that's the end of it."

"Father, I won't tell Jin Ling anything. I told you I wouldn't be a pathetic spy and that goes both ways," Qi Xue said throwing a scowl at her brother. "I cannot be any less interested about who's going to be the next sect leader. This whole thing is so stupid. But I will go with him under one condition. If my friends are willing to join, I should be allowed to take them with me."

"Oh, no. Not your stupid friends too. And two of them being stupid commoners on top of that. Hell no. Father, see, she's being a nuisance already."

"Do you even know any other word beside 'stupid'?"

"Jin Chan stop it. And Qi Xue, as long as you are going to help your brother, you can take your friends with you as well."

Qi Xue was out of that room before her brother could say anything else. She never really had that many friends and she was super excited she got to spend more time with them. Actually, she didn't have any real friends before. The Jin disciples preferred to stay away from her uppish grandmother. Her grandmother and father made sure that everyone would know that they were superior because they belonged to the Jin clan. So, the disciples would never view her as an equal they could be friends with. So, she is definitely not going to let go of this chance.