Chapter 30

Chun Hua could not believe that they were sitting together with a Nie cultivator, having snacks. Yes, she had met cultivators from many sects, and lady Qi Xue and lady Li seemed very nice. According to Hong Guang, lady Qi Xue and her brother were from a really big sect. But this is different. In Chun Hua's world, the Nie sect is the best sect. They were the cultivators all her villagers were dreaming of and looking forward to one day meet. And now she's seated with a Master from the sect that looked like he held a high rank.

Chun Hua had expected the gentlemen to laugh when Hong Guang introduced him as a Nie sect's disciple. But he just kowtowed in a very respectful manner, taking her in with those sparkly eyes.

She could immediately see why Hong Guang liked this gentleman. He was kind and treated them in a very respectful manner.

"Lady Xia, have you been in Yueyang all this time?"

"No, we went on a whole tour. You won't even believe if I told you about it." Hong Guang said, feeling a bit smug about her adventure.

"I think I have seen enough things for me to not believe." The cultivator returned her smugness.

"Fine, fine, you don't have to show off the fact you are a Nie disciple."

"I don't have to do anything to show off. Me existing is enough."

Chun Hua was so amused at how this gentleman was managing to return an answer that was making Hong Guang a bit angry by the minute she couldn't help but chuckle. Of course, Hong Guang didn't like this. She gave Chun Hua a scowl that said, 'You are supposed to be my friend, not the other way around,' but Chun Hua didn't even feel guilty and gave her a smug smile instead.

"Okay, lady Xia, don't be mad. I really want to hear about your adventure. It's a beautiful night. I really feel like listening to an interesting story."

"Well, master, if so, you would have to pay for it." Hong Guang said, finally seeing a chance to gain the upper hand.

"I was not planning on spending much money tonight. But I guess a good story is really worth some money. Name your price, ladies."

"Buy us a lot of snacks." Chun Hua said, smiling from ear to ear.

"All the expensive ones." Hong Guang chimed in.

The Nie cultivator was so surprised to hear that the two girls went back to their village all alone, to the point he almost didn't believe it.

"But, didn't you meet any danger? Weren't you sacred?"

"We were, to be honest," Chun Hua said before Hong Guang could stop her. She scowled again at her friend for taking away the chance they had to look brave in front of this cultivator. "But there were a lot of people from the town at the village by the time we got there, so it turned out to be less scary."

"Oh! but Chun Hua, did you forget about those men that we did not recognize?"

"Men?" the master asked, puzzled.

"Yes, there were young men helping the town people when we went there. No one from the town recognized them either. So, we were almost sure they were the murderers. But we never had a way to make sure. If they are the murderers, they did a pretty good job pretending not to be." Hong Guang said, not sure whether she should be impressed.

"I don't think they are." There was a smugness in the cultivator's eyes when he said that which made Hong Guang puzzled. "If they are even human, they wouldn't be able to linger at a place they committed such a crime. Unless they really had an ulterior motive, which I don't think is the case."

"What made you think it's not the case?" Chun Hua asked, really interested.

"If they had an ulterior motive, it should be to capture you, isn't it? But you are still fine."