Chapter 51 (Part I)

Person after person came and greeted them and congratulated him. May it be a famous cultivator, prestigious landlord or business owner or a sect leader of a renowned sect, the line was endless. The great hall of the Carp Tower was well decorated and filled with great music, dancers and various food items that were only available for the most affluent. Jin Chan's father had made sure that there will be no short come for the grand banquet held to celebrate his son's achievements. He sure was the proudest father to ever roam this world.

But somehow, the son in question kept glued to his mother sitting next to her. Jin Chan's brain was swirling around. And the giddying music, swirling dancers, the smell of food that made him hungry and nauseous at the same time as well as the expensive liquor that he gulped down as soon as he got a chance to sit only made it worse.

He could see the threatening glances his father casted his way urging him to get up and mingle with the guests. Jin Chan would have loved to do so, except for the fact that he couldn't. Two things were nagging at his brain, making it impossible for him to mingle with the crowd and merrily converse. The first thing was related to his stupid sister and the second was related to Mei Mei. Women sure are trouble. But for some reason, he realised he'd rather be very troubled by Mei Mei instead of not having her by his side.

He looked around the banquet hall hoping to see a glimpse of a familiar face. He only saw two of his friends in the far corner, busy attending to guests. He looked to see where the other one was. The other one from the lucky three his father even considered to be qualified to be anywhere near this banquet, held only for prestigious people and meant a big deal for their family's reputation. If he was honest, he didn't even care what his three friends were doing. He just wanted to see another familiar face. A face he had become overly fond of these last few days. But Mei Mei was nowhere to be seen. He was about to ask his mother's permission to go and look for her for he knew that she deserved to enjoy this banquet more than anyone else.

But he turned to find his mother wearily looking at his father. So, he could not bring himself to ask her anything. Him sitting there, next to his mother was not only reassuring to him as his mother carried on all the stupid small talks with the guests, but he knew it brought peace to his mother's mind to be able to keep an eye on him as well. That is why, thankfully his mother had not joined in the urges of his father to make him get up and mingle with the guests.

To be honest, he really didn't understand why his mother was making such a fuss about keeping this away from their father. In his opinion, Qi Xue really deserved a beating from their father for what she did. Even their mother was so angered by her stupid audacity. But why is she covering up for Qi Xue now?

She did not only deserve a good beating, but also punishment by kneeling for seven days. The only punishment Jin Chan would have considered too much for what she did was getting whipped by the sect's whip. But then again, it was because she was a girl. A maiden shouldn't have everlasting scars all over her body. If the brat was a boy, Jin Chan would be the first to suggest that punishment. How dare she? How dare she take that unsightly idiot's side? First of all, does she even have eyes? How can she develop a crush on that ugly moron? They should really get her eyes checked. But even putting his looks to the side, Jin Chan really didn't see what Qi Xue saw in that idiot. Fine, maybe he was not a cold-blooded murderer. But he was stupid enough to the point he got someone killed. So, how could that be better? Maybe they could have got rid of the misunderstanding the sect carried as seeing him a cold-blooded murderer. But that pussy ran away just because some people hurt his tiny heart with some words.

Qi Xue is ought to see that they were doing this sect a favour. Their sect had already fallen into this ditch. They were barely surviving. Rightful heir or not, giving the sect to a kid is as good as lighting it on fire. They needed someone so experienced and skilled like their father to lead it to its former glory. Jin Ling is not only an inexperienced child, but also an extremely dumb one who relies on a spiritual dog and his uncles for everything. To be honest, that stupid dog would make a better sect leader than its master. And yet that dumb girl decided to fight with her parents for a pile of garbage like him? Couldn't she see his stupidity led to an innocent man's death? And along with him, countless others who could not receive the medication? As intolerable as she was, Jin Chan had always secretly been proud of his sister's intelligence. But now he kept wondering whether that so called intelligence was just an illusion.