Chapter 31

Yong Liang did not know whether he did a great job or not in concealing his emotions. This maiden really needed to stop popping out of everywhere, especially his room. She seemed to think that the whole Lotus Pier belonged to her. First off, what gave her enough courage to just be inside a man's room. And it's not like he's just any man. He is her second in command. Does she have no concerns?

"So... you are going with the sect leader?" Liu Ya asked.

"Why do you want to know, sister (ShiMei)?" Yong Liang made sure to add that word, just in case this maiden was hallucinating to be his wife. Not that he would complain, but he had a reputation to uphold. But he definitely was not ready for the pain that flashed in Liu Ya's eyes.
"Well, I just wanted to tag along as well. I never had that much dealing with the cultivators, but if sect leader Jiang is going to a meeting in the Cloud Recesses, it's a good chance for me to meet other cultivators, no? Plus, a student at my level should always be with their teacher so they can learn fast."

Yong Liang suddenly could not breathe. What's happening? Why is she looking like that? She looked more adorable than usual. Is he seeing things now? Wait, did she bat her eyes at him. Is she making the puppy eyes the others talked about? He thought it was ridiculous when other men said it was irresistible when girls did that. But why is blood rushing to his face?

"First off, I'm not going because the sect leader wants me to take charge here while he is gone, and second off, you should not bother sect leader when it comes to these important matters. He already has so much to worry about. A disobedient disciple should not be added to it."

"I'm not disobedient. When have I ever..."

"Well, you are in my room. I have never seen anyone dare enter my room without my permission."

"That does not make me disobedient. There is no rule saying that I'm not allowed to enter your room. And maybe others don't do it because they can't stand you. Who would like a snotty man? So, it seems I'm your only friend. You better treasure me or die alone."

"I'm anything but snotty."

"You definitely are snotty. But you are many other things too. A useless teacher is one of them."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, I have never gone out to have any experience after I stepped inside Lotus Pier. And when I actually sought out an opportunity, you are telling me not to even use it. How useless."
"I explained to you why you shouldn't go to Gusu."

"Fine, fine, whatever you say." Liu Ya made such a disappointed face and turned to leave.

Yong Liang definitely did not like that. Nobody better dare call him useless. He had done anything and everything to not deserve such a title. This maiden better not misjudge him. No, he won't leave any room for her to misjudge him. "I'm planning on taking you to a better place. You seem to hate snotty people. Well, Gusu is going to be filled with all the snotty sect leaders. And what can you even learn from there. But I have a better place where you can actually experience what night hunting is all about." Well, it wasn't entirely a lie. With all the disturbances happening, he was sure he could come up with something before lady Fan realised it.

...

Chun Hua sat on the edge of Hong Guang's bed. Hong Guang seemed to have finally fallen asleep. Chun Hua couldn't imagine how she fell asleep, for she herself was too excited to even think about sleeping. They were almost at Cloud Recesses. It seemed they would reach there by afternoon. That is, if Hong Guang decided to wake up in a few minutes and not sleep for hours like a dead log, of course.

She still could not believe how Hong Guang managed to make sect leader Nie agree to bring them with him to Gusu. Needless to say, Hong Guang argued with him for hours, and Hong Guang's argument was, if they were going to discuss about what happened to the Xia clan, it's best if she is there to give them all the necessary details. Even though sect leader Nie argued back saying his second brother (er ge) might not appreciate him bringing total strangers to Cloud Recesses, seeing how Hong Guang would not shut up until he agreed to let them come with him, sect leader Nie finally agreed. For Chun Hua, Hong Guang's argument sounded valid, except for the fact that Hong Guang is just saying that because she wanted to visit Cloud Recesses and did not give a damn about how the story of her family's murder will get portraited in those meetings. But sect leader Nie seemed not to figure that out. Or he is at least pretending that he didn't.