Chapter 40 (Part II)

"Jin Ling...

Young master Jin...

Jin Xiong..."

He opened his eyes to see who was calling.

"Woof woof..."

"Hey, Jin Ling, don't be afraid. It's just our friends." Thankfully it was Jing Yi's voice and he liked the word 'friend' very much at that moment because he knew he was in no shape to face any enemy.

"Jin Ling?"

Jin Ling's eyes finally focused on Jing Yi's face and he immediately felt sorry as he saw how pale his friend looked.

"Young master Jin, are you alright?"

It took a few seconds for Jin Ling to realised that concerned voice belonged to Lan Si Zhui. "Yes. My head slightly ache. But other than that, I'm alright." He struggled to his feet. And to his surprise, even though they were tired, they managed to hold him upright without much struggle.

"Jing Yi Xiong, do you know any place around that we could go to, other than being on the middle of the streets?" Zi Zhen asked.

"Well, there is the cemetery." Jing Yi said sarcastically.

"Jing Yi," Si Zhui said warning him that this is not a time to play.

"Well, the village is nearby. But I feel like staying away from Ze Min for the moment, for we really do not know what happened. And it is better if we can talk about it without the villagers eavesdropping. We can go back to the town. Even though it is further from here compared to the village, we can have total privacy in our tavern room. The question is, can Jin Xiong walk all the way there? I know I am not in a state to fly and I don't think Jin Xiong is either."

"I can walk and I don't want to be around here anyway. Let's go."

Except for Zi Zhen, they all walked in silence. Even Jing Yi felt too drained to get a single word out. He was still pondering on what happened and how in the world did he managed to almost drag Jin Ling all the way to the main road. If not for the extreme fear that took over him thinking that something serious would happen to Jin Ling, he really did not think he would have the strength or drive to drag anyone as heavy as Jin Ling with him and run that fast for that long. Not just something serious happening. The way Jin Ling looked back at the cemetery, Jing Yi really thought he would die and on top of that a gruesome death too. As the image of how Jin Ling looked back in the cemetery came to his mind, chills ran down his whole body. So, he shoved that image away from his mind as hard as he could and concentrated on Zi Zhen's voice.

Zi Zhen was giving them a full account on how they all were there and what was happening and pretty much everything he thought would be useful for his friends to know. This really made the walk seem shorter. By the end of his talk, they were safely seated around the small table in the middle of Jin Ling's and Jing Yi's tavern room.

"So, they told us the doctor lives in the village and we were headed there when both of you ran like wild bulls and bumped into lady Li."

"We did not run like bulls." Jing Yi said smacking his friend's head.

"Oh, you did." Mei Mei said angrily.

"Lady Li, are you hurt? If you have wounds, it's better to get them cleaned first." Si Zhui said.

"Well, I'm clearly wounded. But I'm not a baby to cry over that. It's fine. I want to hear what happened in more details. Whatever young master Lan told is not enough information. It is clear that explaining things is not young master Lan's biggest talent."

"Oh, it seems like you can explain very well then. Why don't you go ahead and do it by yourself?" Jing Yi was not happy to be called out like that.

"Jing Yi, it is best if you explain us well." Si Zhui said, hoping to take Jing Yi's mind away from Mei Mei's words. "Young master Jin can help in too. We would be able to understand the situation better if we put all of our knowledge together to analyse the situation. And telling your story again can help you remember important points that you have forgotten."