Chapter 18

Looking at the teenagers play, shouting so loud, carefreely, Wei Wu Xian regretted not meeting with Lan Sizhui or the other juniors before leaving Cloud Recesses. That evening, while they were having tea with Zewu Jun, a disciple presented Lan Xi Chen a message from Wang Ji, which only said that he would be visiting Qinghe.

After hearing this, Wu Xian blurted a stupid excuse to Lan Xi Chen and dragged Wen Ning out of Cloud Recesses. Only after leaving the Cloud Recesses did Wen Ning dared to fight back by refusing to move. Only after Wen Ning stopped moving did Wu Xian realise that he was only dragging Wen Ning because he let him. Of course, this was Wen Ning, the Ghost General, and he was stupid to think that he could drag Wen Ning even a step. Wen Ning was so strong. Probably stronger than Wu Xian could ever be.

"Master, what do you think you are doing. And rushing out like that was so rude, might I add."

"Wen Ning, you have really learned to complain now, haven't you? We have to go to Qinghe."

"We?"

"Oh! Oh, right. Only if you want to. You are not obliged to follow me or anything."

Wen Ning thought for a moment, his head down. "Okay, I will come. But Master what do you think you are doing? Is it because you want to meet Hanguang Jun? Wouldn't it be better to wait for him here? He would be back in a few days anyway."

Only then did Wu Xian realise he really hadn't been thinking. As soon as he heard that Lan Wang Ji was in Qinghe, all he wanted to do was to go to Qinghe. He didn't even take a moment to consider whether his decision was rational and even dragged poor Wen Ning all the way out of Cloud Recesses. He was surprised that Wen Ning didn't fight back when they were inside Cloud Recesses, but was also grateful that he didn't.

But he was sure they would meet Lan Zhan if they went to Qinghe. It won't be too hard. If they were lucky, they would find him right inside the Unclean Realm. It is more likely that Lan Wang Ji went to meet Nie Huai Sang to talk about the murders. "No, Wen Ning, you know I hate waiting. Plus, I don't want to eat bland food and abide by the Lan Clan's rules more than necessary."

"Master, we can stay at Caiyi town."

"You really think highly of my personal wealth, don't you? Wen Ning, I don't have money for that."

"If that is the case, we won't have enough money for travelling either."

Seeing Wen Ning nagging like this, for a second, Wu Xian wondered whether he was possessed by the spirit of his sister. But he was in no mood to answer Wen Ning's questions. "We'll make do." He started walking without giving Wen Ning any room for another question.

Having a travelling partner, even though it was just Wen Ning, the long journey was more bearable. And what's more was that Wen Ning knew many shortcuts as well. Wu Xian didn't ask how he knew all that but eagerly followed. Even with that and Wen Ning's non-fading strength that made Wu Xian motivated to keep going even though he was exhausted himself, it took them more days to get to Qinghe than Wu Xian expected. And by the time they neared Yueyang, Wu Xian had started to see the stupidity of his plan. He realised that Lan Wang Ji could as well be on his way back to Cloud Recesses, but he didn't word his concerns.

Finally sleeping like a dead black bear for hours in a small guest house in Yueyang, which the sixteen-year-old Wu Xian wouldn't even have considered liveable, he finally woke up and seeing Wen Ning was nowhere to be found came back to the streets to look around. This is where he saw a kid that resembled one of A-Yuan's friends and was suddenly reminded how he didn't even meet him back at Cloud Recesses. Which of them did this kid resemble? Ahh, right, was it the one wearing red? He couldn't even remember his name, but it is the sentimental one, isn't it? He wasn't even from the Lan sect.