Chapter 136: Weight of life

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 "ARMAGEDDON !!"

"ARMAGEDDON !!"

Kuma: Uugh... !! Grzzzt...

"... Even harder than steel... What kind of monster have they made of you, Kuma... ? A cyborg ?"

Kuma: ... Yes, I suppose that's true. But I'm quite different from the "Cyborg" Franky. I'm called a "Pacifista". An incomplete human weapon developed by the government.

"Pacifista... ?!"

Kuma: The person developing the projects is the government's genius scholar, Dr.Vegapunk, the most brilliant man in the world. It is said that his scientific ability is already 500 years ahead of our time.

"... Every words you just spoke make me want to violently hurl. Especially coming from your mouth."

"But... With that body, and these powers... By doing this one-on-one, I'm afraid my chances of victory would be rather dim... Or rather, I could, but Luffy is in no state to give me the order anymore... And even if he could... Then I would be the one sending them to hell..."

"In the end... If you really intend on taking Luffy's head, then... All I can do is a trade."

Kuma: A trade ?

"A head for a head. You won't be taking Luffy's head. But in exchange... Take mine. That name I use may not be as notorious... But I would be disappointed if you haven't recognized who I was."

Kuma: ... This a rather unfair trade. Are you really willing to die in this man's place ?

"... I have no ambition for myself. I have already achieved all that I dreamed for long ago. Now, I live so that they can achieve their own dreams. The Pirate king... The world's strongest swordsman... The world's map... All Blue... The true History... A captain's mission is to protect their crew, and the crew's is to protect their captain. As the Vice-captain, if I can do both... Then death means nothing to me. Take this as... My last request."