Chapter 55: Drum Rockies

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Dolton: What... ?! Do you people know about Wapol ?!

Usopp: Know him ? We don't know jack other than him being the pirate who attacked our ship... ! 'Course, I was the one who chased him away, but now that I think about it, he did say something about Drum Kingdom...

Vivi: yes, I remember clearly now... He's the same man I met, back when I was a little girl and father took me to the council of kings.

Dolton: Council of kings... ?! Who are you exactly... ?

Vivi: Ah-Umm... I- In any case ! We did meet Wapol ! We came across him only yesterday while on our way here.

Dolton: Are you telling the truth... ?!

Vivi: What does this all mean ? You said that the country was destroyed, but then why is the king alive and well being a pirate out of all things ?!

Dolton: Him being a pirate is just a disguise. he's most likely been loitering around the oceans here waiting for the right time to come back.

Vivi: So then... Wapol and his men were driven out of this island and forced to be pirates, after being unable to fight off the Blackbeard pirates...

Dolton: Unable to fight off... ?! Wrong ! Back when the pirates attacked this country, the king and his soldiers didn't even TRY to mount a resistance !

Vivi: What ?

Dolton: Once Wapol realized just how strong the pirates were, he simply abandoned his own country, by immediately taking off to the seas faster than anyone else ! All the citizens were dismayed by such an act of cowardice committed by their own king...

Vivi: AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A KING ?!! It's beyond cruel... How could the king just abandon his people...

Dolton: Exactly... But thanks to that, Wapol's reign of tyranny finally came to an end. This island now belongs to those of us who remained behind... ! The towns are slowly beginning to recover, and we're now in the midst of forging a new country. That is why the thing we dread the most is Wapol's return. At this time of great unrest and uneasiness, we must prevent that at all costs ! For the purpose of creating a better country for a better tomorrow, we must... !

Your POV:

"Those damn mountains are much taller up close... It's gonna take a while to climb."

Luffy: And it's getting pretty cold with all this wind too...

Sanji: Why the hell are you wearing sandals in this weather ? Just looking at them is making me feel cold !

Luffy: That's just my police !

"it's called 'Policy', Luffy..."

Luffy: Oh is it ? In any case, did ya know that people in snow countries don't sleep ?

Sanji: And why is that ?

Luffy: Because they'll die if they do.

Sanji: That's the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Luffy: It's true, that's what a guy once told me.

Rabbit: Grrrr !!

"Who, Usopp ?"