Chapter 10: A man's treasure

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd person POV:

Baggy: Ho... So you've returned, vice-captain Morge.

Morge: I... I give my sincere apologies captain Baggy... 'Must tell the fact the guy's a psychic...'

Baggy: What ?! You were defeated by that white-haired brat ?! Weren't you fighting Zoro ?!

Morge: Yes... I... Also... Have... Underestimate... At the... Guy... 'Must tell that the guy is... A psychic' The truth is... That... That guy... Is a... ic ! *Blergh*

Crew: What the heck did he just say ?!/ Vice-captain Morge did say something.../ What was he trying to say while suffering such pain and exhaustion ?/ All I could hear was "a ... ic"/ What in the world does that mean ?

Baggy: Oho... So does that mean he attacked that thoughtlessly... ?!

Crew: I think captain Baggy knows...

Baggy: That idiot ! So he's "absolutely demonic " ?! It makes me so mad ! My crew, how much longer is it until you finish preparing for the destruction of this village ?! Hurry up !!

Crew: Y... Yes sir, captain Baggy !!

Morge: ... A psychic...

The village's shelter place:

Villager 1: Hmm ? That... That's Shushu from the petfood store ! It's such a relief that you're alright ! Everyone was worried about you !

Villager 2: Those cuts look nasty. Looks like he got hurt by those pirates, I'll treat those quickly.

Villager 3: Hey, what happened to the old chief ?

Villager 1: Oh yeah... The chief said he was going to give Shushu some food, so he left, it's strange that Shushu arrived her alone. Could something have happened to him ?!

Villager 3: Don't be foolish ! The chief isn't stupid enough to be caught by the pirates, especially since he knows every corner of this village better than anyone. Then again... His love for the village is too deep ! How much this village means to him...

Villager 3: Listen, please don't do anything unnecessary or stupid ! As long as we keep the villagers safe, we can easily rebuild the village.

Boodle: I know, I'm just going to give Shushu some food.

Villager 3: Please... I hope he's not thinking of doing anything stupid...

Your POV:

Boodle: I can't stand it anymore !! It's just so miserable, so miserable ! Shushu and you youngsters are fighting like this ! But why is it that I , being the village's chief, can only watch our village being trampled !!!

Nami: Wait, chief, calm down !

Boodle: To a real man, there are some fights that cannot be avoided !!! Isn't that right, kids ?!

Luffy: That's right, mister !

Nami: Don't encourage him !

Boodle: 40 years ago !! this place was just barren wasteland ! From there we built everything as a fresh start...

Boodle: Let's build our village here. And forget the last village, which was destroyed by the pirates...

Boodle: At first it was tiny, and merely had a few small houses. But the population of villagers increased little by little, and we built more houses and stores and tried our very best !! This place has now grown into a successful harbor village !! This village was made by the old people !! It's a village WE made ! The village and the villagers are my treasure ! What kind of chief doesn't protect his own village ! I'm going to fight !!!