𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

"I'm a lover, not a fighter.."

SIX MONTHS AGO: JANUARY 10th, 2007

"AGAIN," Hades commanded her calmly. His cold black eyes stared down at her, emotionless. He had gotten rid of his usual Underworld robes and traded it in for a pitch black gym clothes. He sat casually on a chair made of bones as he eyed her every move. His staff was stabbed into the ground next to him.

Eris panted harshly as she tried to force herself to stand but couldn't move from her place on her hands and knees. Her body was covered in black and blue bruises, her knees were scrapped to the point they were bloody and her arms and legs were strained with every small movement she made.

She gaged lightly as her stomach felt like it was turning inside out. This felt worst than any beating Clarisse gave her.

The skeleton soldier stood in front of her calmly with a wooden staff that was sharp on the ends.

"Rise, Essence," Hades said firmly. "Now is not the time to rest. Stand. You need to be prepared."

    Prepared for what?

   It had been like this for months. Ever since Eris had been forced to stay with him in the Underworld. Everyday he would wake her up at 5 a.m. and make her train until dawn with small breaks in between for breakfast and dinner. No breaks, and no days off.

Hades kept them on a consist schedule. One day weapon and combat training the next day was trying to unlock her powers. It went on like that every single day.

Hades had been very confident that Eris had powers but Eris wasn't. She had spent all her life without any special abilities so why would they suddenly come out now?

   She didn't care about having powers but for whatever reason he had been so sure that she had powers.

   But they had been training for months and nothing about her had improved.

Eris' hands shakily went to the staff that laid on the ground next to her. She stabbed the end of it to the ground and used it to help her stand.

   She coughed harshly as she readied the staff in her hands.

"Begin," Hades said flatly.

   The skeleton lunged at her. His staff swung down on her, aiming to kill and Eris yelped as she held up her own staff defensively and was barely able to block the blow. She stumbled backward, trying to make distance.