𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒

"Happiness is hard for those who have never experienced it before

"Happiness is hard for those who have never experienced it before."

AUGUST 12TH, 2009

JEREMIAH HUMMED LIGHTLY, "Okay," he admitted finally. He continued to comb his fingers through Eris's hair. "I guess I can kinda see the appeal in romantic comedies."

"I told you!" Eris said arrogantly. She playfully hit his chest. "All movies aren't bullshit, the ones you watch are just bullshit." She laid her head back on Jeremiah's chest and focused her eyes on the television in front of them. She watched on tv as Kat Stanford burst into tears while reading her "10 Things I Hate About You" poem to Patrick Verona.

It was currently almost one a.m. and they were in Eris's room, cuddled onto her full-sized bed while everyone else in the house was asleep. Nico was across the hall in his own room with Salem who had taken a liking to him.

Jeremiah technically wasn't supposed to be over, especially so late nor was he allowed in Eris's room, but the rules never stopped him from shadow-traveling to her room in the middle of the night. She knew it wasn't right but she never told him no.

She was always weak when it came to Jeremiah.

She glanced up and her jaw dropped, "A-Are you crying?!"

He scoffed, "Nah," he denied. He blinked quickly, "Something got in my eye is all."

Eris crackled, her legs kicking in the air, "Aww, poor baby," she mocked. She unwrapped a Snickers bar only to have it snatched out of her hands a second later. "Hey! That's mine!"

Jeremiah nearly ate the entire thing in one bite, "Technically, it's mine," he rolled his eyes, "What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine."

"That's not-"

He pressed his lips against hers and Eris shut her mouth. They kissed for a couple of moments before Jeremiah climbed on top of her, caging her between his arms and Eris sighed against his lips. He yanked her towards him and practically forced her legs around his waist.

Eris bit his lip and tugged on it. Finally, he pulled away.

He raised his eyebrows, "Kinky," he commented, "I like it."

She blushed, "You can't just kiss me to shut me up."

"Aww," he mocked, "it's funny. Over a year together and you still all embarrassed around me?"

Eris looked away, "Sorry—"

"Don't apologize," he gave her a toothy grin, "I think it's cute."

She glanced at her doorknob to make sure it was locked. Katherine and Lena never woke up in the middle of the night but sometimes Nico woke up from nightmares and liked to crawl in the bed with her for comfort which she didn't mind but she was not going to blind her little brother.