𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒:  𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

"The more we hurt, the harder we love."

  IT WAS HARD LETTING ERIS GO.

"Get a stretcher!" A kid from the Apollo cabin snapped to his siblings. "Now!"

After that, everything was a big blur.

Nico was there crying as the kids from the Apollo cabin loaded Eris onto a nearby stretcher. One of them crawled on top of Eris and started to perform CPR.

Percy followed them as they rolled Eris away to the infirmary in a daze.

"Her foot--"

"Damn--"

"How is she--"

"May have to amputate--"

There was a sudden harsh beeping sound from the heart monitor.

"BP is dropping!"

Percy could only stare, "Sweets—"

One of them glanced up at him, "Get him out now!"

Hands grabbed him, "What? No!" Percy snapped. They tried to tug him away and Percy fought back with all his might, "No! Eris!"

The heart monitor flatlined.

"ERIS!"

...

THEY SAID SHE WAS FINE.

Eris was fine, she was alive, and she'd heal. Her foot and back were pretty messed up and she would need a wheelchair for the next couple of weeks, but the nerve tissue in her foot was so bad she'd probably have to eventually get it amputated and get a replacement from the Hephrtheus kids or walk with a cane for the rest of her life. But there were scars, scars on his Eris Lewis. Torture scars.

Once Percy heard that he lunged at Jeremiah so fast that it took half of the medical team to hold him back while Annabeth and Tyson sobbed in a corner and Grover tried to comfort them while Nico cried silently. Jeremiah lunged back screaming he hadn't hurt Eris but Percy knew it was more to that. More to everything. And he demanded to know more. So finally Jeremiah told them all everything. From their first meeting to the UnGodly Hour to Eris's capture. Everything is out in the open.

Eventually, Chiron decided because Jeremiah was a weapon for Luke he couldn't just let him go back out to potentially be used by Luke again so he was placed in the Hermes cabin for now until the war was over. For the first time, Percy thought Chiron was an idiot but he let it go. Not long after Chiron made a call to Eris's mom and that had not been a pretty conversation. Both of them showed up demanding answers and Chiron told them everything. They both looked at Nico with a look Percy couldn't quite describe.