𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐆𝐎

"I love you so...please let me go."

ERIS IGNORED WILLOW'S EYES DRILLING INTO HER AS SHE HELD THE PHONE UP TO HER EAR IN THE BIG HOUSE.

Phones weren't allowed at camp but Chiron always kept one just in case.

"Missing?" Eris groaned. She pinched the bridge of her nose. Eris paced back and forth. "How can he be missing? I've only been gone for a day. Did something happen to make him run away?"

"No, honey," Lena said quickly. "I promise. Nothing happened at all. He just went up to his room after dinner to play a game and when I came to check on him he was gone. I didn't call the police because I thought maybe it was some demigod stuff but—"

Eris looked up at the ceiling. Why me?

"Shadow travel," Eris muttered bitterly. "Oh, he is so grounded."

"Trust me, he is," Katherine added.

"I...I'll handle it," Eris replied tiredly. "He's probably off in Italy again. You know how he feels about American food. Says it's a disgrace and all that jazz."

"Baby, are you sure?" Lena asked. "We're happy to help. You don't have to do this alone."

Eris shrugged, "I usually figure stuff out myself anyway. I'll be fine. Give me like..." she scrunched up her face in concentration, "a week. Then we'll be home. Sorry, I have to be away longer than I thought."

"Oh, honey, no you're fine," Lena said softly, "Actually when you get home there's something we have to talk to you and Nico about. Katherine and I were thinking about—"

Someone cleared their throat and Eris remembered Willow was waiting for her.

She chewed on her lip, "I-I have to go. But I'll call you back as soon as I can. I love you guys."

They told her they loved her back and Eris hung up.

Eris looked up, "So...you're getting married?"

"I am," Willow sucked in a deep breath, "and I'm like really fucking happy about it, Eris." Her eyes got a little watery and she looked down at her finger where a transplant diamond ring lay.

For some reason Eris's eyes felt misty, "I'm happy for you," she said honestly. "I just...it doesn't explain anything."

  Eris turned to her and Willow avoided her gaze. "I mean you left," Eris murmured, "You just stopped coming around. Is it because of Luke because—"

  "It's not because of Luke. It's because I'm getting married," Willow told her. "I...I wanted you to get used to not having me around all the time y'know..."