𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 & 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐎 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐂𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐃𝐒

"If someone doesn't like you, they aren't worth your time."

CAMP WAS DIFFERENT IN WINTER.

Like usual, there was snow lightly falling, frost covered the strawberry fields. The cabins were decorated with Christmas lights and a
a fire flickered in the attic window of the Big House, where the Oracle dwelt, imprisoned in an old mummified body.

"Whoa," Nico said as he climbed off the bus. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," Percy said.

   "Why is there lava pouring down it?"

     "It's supposed to be a little more challenging," Eris said.

     Personally Eris thought having a bunch of kids climbing a wall covered in lava was stupid but whatever.

     "Do you guys have McDonalds here?" Nico licked his lips, "I love McDonalds."

Eris knew that if Hippolyta was here she'd be horrified that Nico liked McDonalds, she thought it was the worst thing to walk the earth. Hippolyta was a bit of a health nut which was probably why she was so strict about Eris's training diet. But Eris had never had McDonald's before, they didn't serve McDonalds at camp and none of her previous foster parents had ever given her any. She was sure that if she asked Lena or Katherine they'd give her some even if Katherine would be scared of the food just like Hippolyta since she was a bit of a Heath nut too.

   "We don't, sorry," Eris told Nico softly and Nico pouted.

   "Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoë, have you met—" Percy started to say.

    "I know Chiron," Zoë said stiffly. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

    "I'll show you the way," Grover offered.

    "We know the way," Zoë said flatly and Eris winced.

    "Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't"—Grover tripped over a canoe and came up still talking—"like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

    Zoë rolled her eyes, but followed him.The Hunters shouldered their packs and their bows and headed off toward the cabins. As Bianca di Angelo was leaving, she leaned over and whispered something in her brother's ear. She looked at him for an answer, but Nico just scowled and turned away.

   "Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called after the Hunters. He winked at Percy. "Watch out for those prophecies, Percy. I'll see you soon. Especially, you, Eris," he looked in Eris's direction, "I have a feeling you'll have a real pain in your ass later."