𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐖𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

"Sometimes you have to fight violence with violence."

   SIX MONTHS AGO: JANUARY 10 2007

     5 MINUTES AFTER ERIS' FALL INTO TARTARUS:

   HADES PINCHED THE BRIDGE OF HIS NOSE AS HE SAT IN HIS OFFICE.

Never in his life had he had to deal with a child as complicated as Essence Lewis.

None of his children especially his demigod children were anything like Essence Lewis. His children were usually more gloomy, more dark. They didn't mind being alone and they usually had a bit of a backbone.

They were nothing like Essence Lewis.

    Though his daughter was cold towards him he could see that was not her usual nature. He saw her generosity when she helped Charon send spirits off to the Underworld, he saw her kindness when he watched from the shadows as she snuck Cerberus into her room at night for a sleepover, thinking he wouldn't notice.

    How could his child be so foolish to think he wouldn't notice his own guard dog missing? He was the ruler of the Underworld, he noticed everything.

He scowled as he read over his paper work, his mutt was supposed to be a vicious guard dog not a child's play toy. Yet, Cerberus had been more attached to Essence far more than he did to Hades.

His eyes scanned over his notes.

She had barely made any progress in her training and had barely gained the amount of weight necessary for her age group. She had went from 90 pounds to 110. She needed to gain at least 10 more.

How could Chiron allow his child to stay at such an unhealthy weight? There was no way he couldn't have noticed Essence was dangerously underweight.

She did seem to excel in agility so that was a positive he supposed.

But she still needed so much work on her hand-to-hand combat and weapon wielding abilities. She spent 6 years at that adulterous camp and they couldn't even teach her how to properly wield a sword.

    His scowl deepened. He'd be having words with Chiron the next time he saw him.

He had been training her for six months and she had barely made any progress. It just seemed as if she were barely trying to him.