𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍

CHAPTER 8: DEATH THE KID MAKES A RETURN

"Doing the UnGodly Hour equates to signing your own death certificate

"Doing the UnGodly Hour equates to signing your own death certificate."

FOR JEREMIAH NICKELS, NOT BEING ABLE SEE ERIS LEWIS WAS LIKE GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWL.

      As he tossed and turned in his bed on the Princess Andromeda he turned to face the ceiling and sighed.

    "Stupid doll face," he muttered. "Stupid Essence Lewis and her stupid pretty face."

   He hadn't noticed how attached he was to her until she was gone. Since January he had seen her almost everyday since he transferred to her school. He saw her at every game her cheerleading team cheered at, made sure to be at every parade her dance team, even sat with her while she painted in the art room during lunch and cracked small jokes to make her smile.

In reality, Jeremiah knew falling for the enemy was wrong. He was against every word Luke ever taught him. But it's not like Luke could talk with his weird obsession with Annabeth Chase.

   But not seeing Eris made him feel like he was a detoxing drug addict. She was addictive. Her smile, her voice, her caring mannerisms but sometimes sassy tone she took only with him. He felt sick. Jeremiah glanced at the clock on the wall.

    10:59 PM.

     It was late but it's not like he had plans in the morning unless Luke randomly decided to send him on a mission but that never happened because the guy was almost scarily strategic with everything and never made any last minute plans. All missions were told weeks in advance.

Luke wouldn't miss him. He was too busy with Kelli and whatever was going on with Kronos. Plus Jeremiah was so good at Shadow Traveling he could be any where in the world within moments. He could be back in time before Luke even noticed. And as long as Luke didn't find out...

Jeremiah rolled out of bed and started getting dressed.

     ERIS'S BACK HURT.

    She had expected the pain to have faded by now but being tied up with ropes added extra pressure on her back. She tried to suck it up and focus on more important things like getting Nico out of here alive.