Chapter 24

*Edited

Layla

I walk through the black steel doors that I haven't seen for months.

I walk in and I'm greeted with the large wooden dance floor.

The mirrors on the walls, the black speakers hanging from the roof, all give me the deja vu feeling.

I smile to myself missing the place where I felt like myself, expressing myself.

Dance has always been something I loved, my mum made me take classes when I was about 5 and ever since then I've been addicted.

Dance is something I express myself in, something that brings me purpose and life.

I watch as familiar faces come into view.

They look up and instantly beam when they see me.

"Layla!" I hear Alec say running over to me.

He lifts me, spinning me around and I just laugh in return and smack his shoulder playfully.

Alec is a backup dancer for a lot of music videos. 

He's quite known in the celebrity world, being in loads of music videos for pop stars.

He's also known for his looks, he models sometimes too for certain brands but dance has always been his passion. From his dark chocolate skin and deep blue eyes, he's bound to get loads of attention.

He puts me down and ruffles my head smirking at me.

"Where have you been? we've missed you." Alec says pouting.

"I think you forgot I'm seventeen and I go to school," I say to him.

He rolls his eyes and pulls his arm over my shoulder.

"Layla, oh my god, you have no idea how much pain I've been through working with him," Iris says.

Iris is one of my good friends too. We were normally partnered up together for dance recitles or practice and Alec also being involved sometimes.

Though when one of us wasn't here we would get put with Alec.

"Um excuse me, have you seen yourself? bossing me around like a goddamn Teletubby." Alec says glaring at her.

Iris ignores him and comes to give me a hug to which I return.

I turn towards the other people some of them are new and some I recognise.

A few more people say hello to me as I sit with Iris and Alec waiting for our teacher.

The door bursts open revealing Luca Ricci.

Luca has been teaching me how to dance since I was thirteen. He was only eighteen at the time but he helped me build my confidence and strength in dancing, challenging me to do my best and go out of my comfort zone.