8

Harry Styles

Zarry smut again, you can skip if you want

I always liked to swim at night, seeing the stars up above and the moon reflecting on the water was something that used to make me feel calm, but not even that was helping me tonight.

All the lights around the pool were turned on and also the main ones that illuminated my backyard, it just had to be like that. I hated the dark.

Having a house a bit distanced from the downtown madness was the best choice I could've made though, there wasn't much around and the silence

was welcome tonight. It gave me more time to overthink.

It was probably a bad idea to swim after drinking a whole bottle of vodka though, but I wasn't drunk... it took much more than that to affect me and I hadn't mixed alcohol with any drugs tonight.

I kept swimming from one side of the pool to the other, I'd been here for the past hour and I could already feel my muscles aching from the effort, especially since I'd ripped off the bandage from the wound on the side of my body, and I could tell I was bleeding again. I'd gotten a few stitches on my hand as well, but I had zero patience for that shit and yeah, I knew it could get infected.

It'd been two days since I'd seen Cleo. And the anger I felt was only growing, she was all I could think about and my mood was fucking terrible.

Zayn was supposed to stop by tonight because we had a fight last night when I told him about what happened at the auction and he was worried about my father, which ended up with me punching him in the face and he punched me back, right on my injury, on purpose of course. Things were alright now, I could never stay mad at him for too long.

It was a stupid fight, but I was on edge... so fucking frustrated and upset, I even forgot about my birthday coming up on Sunday.

Not that there was much to be celebrated, it was a day like any other and I'd probably get stupidly high and drunk and fuck some random people... the usual I could do every other day. Although I was sure I wouldn't be able to enjoy it at all because my mind would be focused on killing Cleo.

I told Zayn about my plan and that was a mistake, he said I was being dumb and reckless, which was probably right. But I was going to kill her even if it was the last thing I did... she had provoked me for the last time and I was seriously out of patience.

Cleo lived in an illusion, thinking her father was some perfect angel in heaven. That fucker was burning in hell, she had no fucking idea of the things he did when he was alive, watching my dad kill him didn't affect me at all.

But I also didn't care about the so called truce our families were supposed to have, she attacked me first and now she'd get what she wanted... she said 'harder', and that was exactly what she was going to get.

"You're gonna melt away in the water, for how long have you been there?" Zayn's voice caught my attention and I snapped out of my thoughts, twirling my wet hair up in a bun as I turned around to look at him.

He was standing by the edge of the pool, wearing all black tonight as he played with his nose ring. His amber eyes seemed brighter because of the lights.

"I'm fine." I huffed, swimming towards the small steps at the corner of the pool so I could step out, adjusting my black trunks that were sticking to my crotch and thighs.

Zayn's eyes raked down my body and I ignored him as I walked closer to the deck chairs to grab my towel, feeling his burning gaze on my back as the sharp pain was irradiating from my wound, I could feel the blood dripping down my body.