34

Cleo Horan

"I'll pick the next song then, since you have no taste. You're lucky I'm not trying to kill you anymore, this is outrageous." Harry was whining because I didn't enjoy his song choices during our very long trip to the next city we were supposed to go.

He was shocked I didn't know some of the bands but I never had much time to stop and listen to music or watch movies, I'd be focused on training or babysitting Niall when I was younger.

And I never had many friends to hang out with.

But as I grew older, I became a fan of alternative music, the modern kind, but Harry apparently had an old soul. "Come on, you should try The Neighbourhood. We have our theme song amidst their albums." I was trying really hard not to laugh, grabbing his phone that was connected to the car and I picked the perfect song. "It's called Daddy Issues."

"Fuck off." He cackled, his green eyes were lighter than usual today and this felt nice... I needed this to distract my brain from going to places I didn't know how to come back, and dark humor seemed like a good choice.

And if you were my little girl I'd do whatever I could do I'd run away and hide with you

Harry glanced sideways at me, trying to hide a smug smile as he paid attention to the lyrics and I could feel myself blushing, clearing my throat and looking away from his intense gaze.

We'd been in the car the whole day and it was around eight p.m., but we were finally close to our destination because we didn't stop much along the way, we brought a few snacks and water along with us.

And being in a car alone with him was giving me a lot of time to think about what happened yesterday and my drunken episode. Yes, I remembered every single thing... I wasn't that drunk, but it had been a while since I drank more than a glass of wine, so that's why I was a bit tipsy, but definitely not wasted. I tried though, it reminded me of the times I used to drink way too much right after my father died.

I was completely aware of my actions last night, such as asking Harry to shower with me and then sucking his dick, even if I didn't have enough time to properly enjoy that.

It was like the alcohol in my system had broken down the many barriers I'd been trying to keep up ever since he got under my skin, and it felt like it'd been so long since we fucked, but no.. I was still a bit sore and the memories were very much fresh in my mind.

The liquid courage was enough for me to talk to him about things I hadn't told anyone before, and I actually opened up about my father and my fear of guns, and I didn't feel uncomfortable or unsafe. He listened and he didn't push me into saying anything else, I valued that a lot. But if I stopped to think too hard, I'd get anxious because I literally told the person I once wanted to kill what my biggest fear was.

What the fuck were we now? I just knew I was too weak to ignore how much I enjoyed having him around.

I still didn't know how I felt about my father or the things I discovered though, but I had more than enough time to think yesterday when I said I needed some time alone, and I shouldn't allow this to affect me this much, especially now. I had to focus on my life and my safety, find out who was trying to kill us and put an end to this.

My father was dead, that wasn't going to change. The good memories I had with him weren't going to change and I fucking wished I could be naive forever, but that's not how life worked. I would lose my fucking mind if I kept insisting on talking about it or wondering what was true or not, I had to focus on myself.

After this was over, I would talk to my mother and my brother, and I would find out the whole truth about my dad, including why he did what he did and if anyone else knew about it, when he started, and every single fucking detail.